Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Summer 2016: June


   We of course started June at the pool! The kids beg to go everyday well all the kids except Grayson. I was pleasantly surprised to see they didn't lose any skills over the winter, yay! Grayson just likes to sit on the edge and let his feet in. He still screams if I try to bring him in the water so I choose to just not even bother.







We went to the pool again the next day. Grayson was still doing the same thing just sitting on the edge only letting his feet touch. He started playing with someones toys that weren't near the pool. I took my eyes off him for a second and the next thing I know he is in the pool. I'm thinking he was running and fell in. Anyway he was at the opposite end of the pool from me and I had on clothes not a swimsuit. Tanner was in the pool though not super close. I started yelling at him to get Grayson and I started running over to where he was. He had his life jacket on but his face kept going under the water. It was holding him in more of a laying position so he just kept rolling around in the water. Well as I ran a lady from the neighborhood jumped in and grabbed him so by the time I got to where he was she was handing him to me. So scary! So needless to say Grayson became even more scared of the pool.


    The next day was Saturday. Dave took a couple of the kids to the city parade. We were hosting Thea's baby blessing the next day so I stayed home to work on getting ready.



That night Dave took the boys to the Demolition Derby. Dave was really excited to do this but the boys were not so excited. They've never been before and didn't really know what they were in for but they thought it sounded dumb. Well they ended up loving it! Tanner came home and started searching for cars to fix up so he could be in the derby and started saying it was his dream so lets say he took the love a lot farther than we would have liked.





Landon started piano lessons and loves it!



Some holidays you have to celebrate, like National Donut Day! We enjoyed some Daylight Donuts at the park!









   Somehow Landon's team missed picture day so a friend of the team mom came and took pictures of the boys. Not all the boys showed but most did.









The girls started their summer tumbling classes and were having a blast. Maddie was mad at me for signing her up but she ended up really enjoying class.



Grayson trying to get in on the action


   The boys had their annual physicals. They had to do them together since I forgot to get them scheduled and the doctor was booked however the boys are required to have them for scout camp. Probably won't do that again since they were total goofballs.


Grayson loves Fish!












Grayson still rocking the princess helmet!


   Baseball playoffs! It was a controversial end to the season with some really bad calls from the umps. Playoffs were tough and we lost our first game. We came back to win the second game on a late night. The kids were super excited after that win.





We hit the splash pad with Lily! Grayson wanted nothing to do with it and just ran around and played.







       Grayson is crying in this picture. That little girl with the bucket had just dumped water all over him. I had been snapping pics and then when I realized what had happened you better believe Momma Bear came out and lectured that girl for doing that. Lets just say she stayed clear after that.




In the Blue Jays third playoff game they lost. It was a bummer but worked out for us since Landon had scout camp the next week anyway so he couldn't play any more games anyway. Blue Jays lost their top spot after being the top team in the city three years in a row.




Father's Day!






Landon turns 12! Landon spent his actual birthday at scout camp. This was the first time I didn't get to see one of my kids on their birthday :(  We celebrated Landon on Saturday after they got back from camp. It was a little rough, the kid needed rest or something.


slither.io cake his favorite app at the time








  For the last couple of years we have always gone to the pool on Landon's big day so we hit the pool after cake.



The next day was Landon's priesthood ordination. Both sets of grandparents came and we had a nice lunch afterwards.





On Tuesday we went and played at the Curiosity Museum. It was mostly fun. Outside we got a little lost in the maze and got attacked by the sprinklers and had to jump in giant puddles to get through.










I was a couple minutes early picking Maddie up from her cheer tumbling class and was able to catch her in action. It pays to be light weight!



Our neighborhood was doing fun field trips every week. We hadn't been able to go on any because they were usually during the girls tumbling classes. But this time we were able to leave straight from tumbling and go. A smaller group than usual showed up but that didn't matter we had fun. We toured Brigham Young's home and then walked around Temple Square. We ended up in the family history center and the kids loved it there. It was funny that they had so much fun dressing up there.













After that we headed home to grab our swimsuits and head to the Lehi Legcay Center. Landon won a free family pass there so we figured we would use it. The kids were having so much fun we stayed until closing.

Both Dave and I commented how well Maddie was swimming. She loves the water!




That black spot is Maddie! She got soaked!



 On the way home we grabbed some pizza and had a REALLY late dinner! It was a really good day though!








No comments: