Cali's family moved so we watched her a couple more times in December and then they left us for Alpine :(
Ok remember how I was pretty sick at Thanksgiving. It lasted a good week. Well Dave managed to catch it and realize it was a nasty one. He also decided to take it to the next level! He woke me up in the middle of the night On December 3rd thinking he was having a heart attack. I thought he was crazy and hello really taking the man cold to insane levels. But seriously he's a healthy 38 year old I didn't believe he could be having a heart attack and well he can be a bit of wimp when he's sick. I also was half asleep! He ended up calling the 24/7 nurse line for our insurance. She wanted him to call an ambulance but I put my foot down and said I would drive him. We already had enough medical bills thanks to Grayson and didn't need to add an ambulance ride. He got off the phone and went to the bathroom and threw up. He felt a bit better after that so I waited because he wasn't sure he wanted to go to the hospital anymore. Well he ended up deciding to go so we woke Tanner up and had him come upstairs so he could hear the kids if they woke up. We went to the newish hospital in Lehi, Mountain Point Medical. When we got there the place was completely empty so we got too much attention. They did some tests and gave Dave a pill that would help and it did. It was looking like we would be able to leave and then a trauma came in and we didn't see anyone for a long time. Well in that time some lab work came back and turns out we wouldn't be going anywhere. They had to do more tests, serious tests to make sure Dave's arteries were good. In the end it wasn't too bad and he was diagnosed with pericarditis. He also won a night stay at the hospital. Since I was stuck at the hospital Caroline and the parents went and helped with the kids and Grayson specifically. I made it home by lunch time...by then Jared and family were at the house as well. I got home to a really cold house. Dave had just setup our new Nest thermostat and well the heat wouldn't run if mine and Dave's phones weren't nearby. Oops!
Well that night was the Jazz game. I won family of the night and lower bowl tickets. Since Dave obviously couldn't go Caroline filled in. We stopped at the hospital and visited Dave. While we were there they had to take some blood from Dave, it took them awhile cause the guy has crappy rolling veins. Anyway we left right after and Landon went pale in the hallway and looked like he was going to pass out. Caroline gave him some sugar and helped him walk to the car. Looks like a job in healthcare is off the table for Landon.
The game was a lot of fun! Poor Dave missing out. We loved it all! It was fun seeing our picture on the jumbo-tron. People we knew ended up being there and telling us they saw us..including Maddie's teacher. Maddie was so cute paying close to the whole game and really cheering on Hayward.
On Sunday a couple of the kids headed to church while Grayson and I went and picked Dave up from the hospital. Dave was feeling pretty good at this point but we had to wait for the cardiologist to clear him.
Christmas Cookie time...first up was spritz, a kid favorite!
Landon wanted to take beginning band this school year and started playing the trumpet. He loves it! He had his first band concert. We were lucky to catch a glimpse of our little 7th grader!
Gingerbread house! The kids don't go for pretty or traditional when they decorate!
Christmas Dance! As usual we got to go visit Hannah in her dance class and see a little Christmas dance. She was adorable as always!
Okay now all the random iphone pics....
No comments:
Post a Comment