Thursday, May 8, 2008

Summer is here . . .

Or so they say at the local Instacare. Unfortunately Tanner and I had to pay a visit there tonight. I don't know exactly what happened since I was in the house and Tanner hasn't been talking. But what I do know is he rode his bike down the sidewalk and crashed on the neighbors driveway somehow. I could hear him screaming from inside the house. Dave and I both ran out and found Tanner with a bloody chin. After inspecting it we knew it was in need of stitches. The Doctor repeatedly told me that he really split it open. Tanner was so tough while they worked on him. We just hope he isn't left with too bad of a scar. This past summer he hit his head at the pool and got a couple of staples in the back of his head. They weren't done really well and he was left with a weird spot. This time he will be sporting 5 beautiful blue stitches for 10 days. Hopefully this is our last accident for awhile . . . but then again I do have two active little boys.
Can you tell from the pics that he is really out of it?

6 comments:

The James said...

Tanner is so brave. Poor little guy. I'm glad he's doing better tonight. Tanner just touches my heart.

Kelli said...

Ohhhh...poor kid!! I hope he recovers okay. I think he'll be fine though, he seems pretty tough!

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear. Hope he feels better soon.

The Capell Family said...

Poor Tanner! He just doesn't have the luck! I had stiches on my chin and you can't see the mark! We take Sasha to the vet today so I will let you know how that goes.

jg said...

SO happy that I have a little girl right now! Hope tanner is ok! I also need your email address!

Kliss said...

I meant to ask you at church but I knew I would find out what happened to his chin if I checked here. Poor kid, but at least he's in good company for stitches.. (Price).. GO JAZZ!!