Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Summer 2016: August

  And it's already the last month of Summer. This summer really flew by!


    Tanner moved on from landscaping to cake decorating. He decided he wanted to make a Garfield cake. I showed him how the technique works and he did the rest and when I say rest I mean rode his bike to the grocery store to buy frosting. He then made the colors he needed and got to work. He did a great job!





Dave took all the kids to the Johnson family reunion. No Stacy there means hardly any pictures :)



So Landon won some money to Classic Fun Center. After continually putting it off I finally took the kids there. Landon treated the kids to a fun day!






Roller skate rentals were free so the boys gave them a shot and well it didn't go so well!




  So it's 11:00 pm all the kids are in bed asleep and Dave and I are watching a little Netflix when the fire alarm goes off. Well turns out our alarm talks and it says Fire. Dave and I are running through the house to determine if indeed we do have a fire when the alarm starts saying Carbon Monoxide. Not cool! Dave eventually gets the alarm turned off and calls the fire department. They say we need to get everyone out of the house and wait for them to come check for carbon monoxide. So yep we woke up all the kids who SLEPT THROUGH the alarm, good to know that doesn't wake them up!?! We hung out on our porch while we waited for the firemen. A local sheriff showed up first and then they came. They checked the house out and we were given the green light to go back in. Crazy night!





  Dave had been working like crazy! Earlier in the summer his responsibilities at work were increased and the number of employees under him more than doubled. We talked him into taking a day off before the summer was over. We decided to go to Bridal Veil Falls to look around and picnic and after that we went to Cascade Springs. It was a fun day



Where's Waldo with T & L










So we are just walking along the trail when Landon starts screaming. He was stung by a bee or hornet or something and he did not enjoy it. I got some pretty bad pictures of him but I will just post the least horrible one. I'm nice like that :)



They called this lego grass and loved playing with it!





     Dave's best friend from growing up got remarried. We came up for the wedding and then hung out with Dave's parents and grandma for a little before heading up to the reception. That was the most interesting wedding reception we've been to. I wanted to turn around and leave when we got there. Loud music and lots of alcohol so I really wasn't loving having the kids there. Just not what they are used to.



End of summer camp fire and S'mores!









One last splash pad before school starts. We stayed for hours at the new park in Lehi with Susan and Lily. Grayson took a long time to try it out but once he did he wouldn't get out!

The boys wanted to rough it and cook bacon with a can. It was too slow and they ended up using Dave's Coleman grill.





All summer the girls wanted to sell cupcakes. Well since summer was days from over we finally did that. I helped them make a batch of cupcakes and decorate them with homemade frosting. They first took their shop to the park but sadly the pool was closed so business was slow. I had them come set up in front of the house and business did well there. They sold all their cupcakes!






One of the joys of being on the executive board of the PTA is helping out with everything at the school. I had to work both nights of the open house and with Dave not getting home at a good time I just took Maddie with me to meet her teacher. We snuck and met her teacher before the open house so we could get it out of the way. She has a brand new first year teacher. We were sad she didn't get Ms Bigler again but Mrs Park seems really nice. During the open house Maddie helped me sell shirts. When it was over and I was cleaning up she took some selfies!




7th Grade!!! Can't believe Landon is in middle school, crazy! He had to start school before the other kids and started on Friday. When asked how his first day went he said "normal"





The annual Enerbank party was the Saturday before school started. This year they had a carnival theme. They had a bunch of blow ups and stuff and little carnival games for the kids to do. They also had all you can eat cotton candy. The kids had a blast like always! We were one of the last to leave as usual.















Monday was the official first day of school. The boys set off early ready to take on 7th and 8th grade.


Next up was Maddie's first day of 3rd grade. Hannah doesn't start for another week.





   I got to help at Hannah's open house too. Jordyn was nice enough to watch Grayson so I didn't have to juggle him too. Hannah loved meeting her teacher, Miss Buchanan!


And finally, Tanner earned his Life Scout rank. He's been working so hard on his merit badges and only has his Eagle left!




What's not in the pictures...August was a really hard month...

      Ever since I started having kids I have struggled with my thyroid. I was first diagnosed when Tanner was a few months old. I thought I had postpartum depression really bad but fortunately the PA I saw thought to check my thyroid. After additional testing and being sent to an endocrinologist I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism caused by Grave's Disease. After several months of treatment it went into remission. However I got pregnant with Landon shortly after. My thyroid acted up again during his pregnancy going hypothyroid. The Dr then said I had Hashimotos. Then after Landon was born I went hyper again and that was how it was for me. Pregnancy caused thyroid troubles and when I wasn't pregnant or had a newborn I didn't have thyroid troubles. I was forced to switch doctors after Grayson was born and he did more tests and decided I did not have Grave's but postpartum thyroiditis.  He treated me for a few months and then it went away.
     So fast forward to now. I thought my thyroid troubles were in the past since pregnancy was in my past. I started feeling off in July. I explained away all the symptoms. The anxiety got worse and worse, I can't even explain how hard it is to deal with that fun symptom. Then some drama went down with Dave's family at the very beginning of August that upset me. I started feeling this horrible burning pain in my chest. I wasn't sure what was going on. After a day and a half of that it hit me that it was the same feeling I had when I was pregnant with Grayson and had high blood pressure. I drove to Smiths and checked my pressure and sure enough it was high. Dang! Then everything finally clicked and I realized all the symptoms I was dealing with. The next morning I called my doctor and was able to get in to do labs though they wouldn't see me for a week. The nurse that drew my labs was no help. I asked what I could do about the blood pressure because it was horrible. I was barely functioning. Dave was scared for me to drive to the lab that day and so was I. She said  said to talk to my primary care dr. Dave called and got me an appointment and the dr, he was able to give me a prescription to help while I waited to see my Endo. So anyway in the end I was diagnosed with Grave's Disease once again, after multiple labs and an ultrasound. It took weeks to get the diagnosis though and I was barely able to function almost the whole month of August. It's hard to describe. It took until the end of September until I started feeling normal again. It was a really hard time. I was grateful the boys were home for the worst of it. I actually would spend the whole day in bed while they took care of the kids. With my high blood pressure I couldn't handle any stress without getting worked up. So yep that was why I skipped the family reunion, I was home in bed. I remember the first day of school I needed to do some grocery shopping and was so exhausted when we got home from the store I crashed on the couch. And then I just thought I wished the boys were home to help because Hannah and Grayson wanted lunch but I wanted to just climb in bed.











No comments: