Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Summer 2016: July

Here's what we were up to besides the 4th and Maddie's burn in July...


   A neighbor across the street asked the boys to dog sit for a week while they were out of town. The boys fell in love with Jackson. Grayson would ask every morning when he woke up to go see Jackson. Tanner took the job crazy serious and Jackson got to go on a lot of walks. I like that the kids can pretend they have a dog for a week here and there since it ain't happening full time!








One morning I told the kids to all get ready we were heading out. They all ended up with some orange in their outfits so I had to document it!


  We went to Farm Country since that was something that was okay for Maddie to do. The big boys were a little bummed but they had fun. Tanner was sad to find out he was too old to ride the ponies, Landon on the other hand was excited he could still ride them.










Susan had signed Lily up for this baking camp. I hadn't been able to sign Maddie up for it since it was during her summer dance class. Well Lily ended up crazy sick and Maddie of course couldn't do dance so Susan let Maddie fill in for Lily. This really lifted Maddie's spirits. She had a blast! And we all enjoyed eating her creations!






Home improvement finally continued. After taking a break for awhile we searched for the right paint color again and Dave found one we liked. So the color is called Accessible Beige but it's totally gray. Dave got busy this month and painted the whole main floor!



I took all the kids except Tanner to play at the Dinosaur Museum, guess he's getting too old.













One of the scout groups in the ward needed to borrow our canoe so we headed down to Mapleton to pick it up. We love Grandma's yard, it's just so peaceful there. Time seems to slow down there. The kids enjoyed seeing the horses up close.





Alright so we found out that my brother Matt was going to come in August with his fiancee. This was big news since we hadn't seen Matt in over 5 years. Well one day in 100+ degree weather Tanner starts working on the yard. He says our yard is ugly and embarrassing and he wanted to make it look better. Alright I totally agree, I just haven't felt ambitious enough to do anything about it. So he works in the heat all day. We then hit Home Depot for some plants and to see what the have for mulch. Then after he gets it all prepped he puts down fabric to help from keep the weeds away. We decide we rather have mulch from a nursery. I call around and find one that is open and Dave borrows our neighbors truck. Then the whole family joins in to do the mulch. So turns out Tanner can work hard when he wants to! And he later admits he did this because he didn't want Matt to see our yard so 
ugly :)  I say he was successful, the kid did a great job!

     So I knew we had some extra bricks our back but I felt that we didn't have this many extra bricks. Turns out Tanner stole bricks from out back patio to make the border!























We rewarded the gang for their hard work with Coldstone!


Since we had to wash the neighbors truck out the kids also washed my van for me!


Activity Days put on a princess day that concluded with a daddy daughter activity. Maddie had an awesome time getting all dolled up and eating a nice dinner with her dad!





No comments: