Though we wish we could forget! I wrote a whole long post right after this happened when it was fresh but somehow it got deleted and I was so frustrated it's taken me awhile to get back to this.
So here is how the 4th went for us this year...
On Sunday the 3rd we got ready for the parade. The kids had fun messing around and decorating their bikes for the children's parade. We tried a couple different things out for Grayson and then decided on the wagon.
This year our 4th was jammed pack with non stop fun! I seem to have a problem with over scheduling this holiday!
On the 4th we got up early and got ready and then headed over for our neighborhood breakfast and parade. Always a good time! We really love this tradition. I made cinnamon rolls and they were a hit. Not a single one left. The three youngest all had fun in the parade.
As soon as the kids were done with the parade we hurried home and packed up and headed to Henefer for a get together with Dave's family. We played at the park for awhile and shopped. We then all went over to the parade. After that it was time for a late lunch and to celebrate some birthdays. The kids were having so much fun with their cousins we ended up staying longer than planned.
Next up was a potluck with some friends in our neighborhood. We were SUPER late to this but it was all good. We visited with friends and the kids all ran around and played and it was a good time.
| Only picture from the potluck, oops! |
And finally all of us at the potluck headed over to the neighborhood fireworks event, Chase Circle of Fire. It's a bring your own fireworks type of thing. Everyone finds a spot around the culdesac and the kids all run around and play until it gets dark. We came to this two years ago and had fun. I wasn't worried about anything going into this. The kids were having a great time. The boys were off with friends and the girls were going back and forth between us and some friends near us. People started doing the real thing. Turns out a lot of aerials were there. All of the sudden a firework shoots at the group by us. I started feeling a bit anxious but figured it wouldn't happen again. I did get up to go check on the girls and then stood back with a friend chatting. Then it happened an aerial tipped and shot our way. I was holding Grayson and I just ran as far away as I could get from the action. I did glimpse that there was a firework going off in the chairs. Then it hit me that my girls were where the firework was going off. I headed back. Dave had grabbed Hannah and her friend Josie away form it. Maddie had gotten stuck there and my neighbors son(who was just 9yrs old) stayed with her. She got hit. Dave looked her over and a teen that lived there ran home for supplies. We got her cleaned up and bandaged. We then decided to go home. My anxiety was sky high at this point and I just wanted to be home. As we tried to leave another aerial tipped and shot our direction, scared the crap out of us. Can't tell you how relieved I was when we finally got in our car.
When we got home we were able to better check Maddie out. Dave was worried about the burn on her leg and we called Jennie, who had been there and she brought over some peppermint oil and told us to clean it and put that on. Maddie had been pretty hysterical and upset but the oil did seem to calm her down. We were eventually able to get her calmed down. She fell asleep on the couch, too scared to go to her bed.
This is definitely our worst fourth ever. It ended up changing our plans for the rest of the summer. Maddie would tell you it ruined her summer. I had some Fourth of July decorations up on top of the entertainment center and Maddie got emotional just seeing them. She asked me to put them away that night. Poor Girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment