I started the month with a trip to Farm Country with my two little cuties again. We had fun and enjoyed the time playing outside in the warm weather. On the way home we hit up McDonald's for chocolate shakes since they were on sale and well we are shake lovers!
Dave and the boys went to the latest Captain America movie on opening night. They enjoy doing guys only movies and it works for me since I usually don't want to see the movies.
Mother's Day 2016
Baseball season was in full swing. The weather wasn't too bad but on one of the wet days Grayson managed to fall in a mud puddle.
Hannah made a new little best friend. Maci just lives a couple houses down and the girls just clicked this month and started playing together every day. They love to wear leotards and practice gymnastics. Such cute little friends.
On the spur of the moment we invited over family for s'mores. We used to get together almost every month but hadn't for awhile. We were pretty surprised when everyone was able to come. We had a good time hanging out. The only bad thing was the random bruise I got that morning...ok Grayson may have been involved.
The next day was dance pictures. Hannah had her pics first thing in the morning. we got her all dolled up and to the studio. Then another kid cut in front her and she cried. I was really worried how they were going to turn out but they were good. Maddie's pictures weren't until dinner time so it was a long day for me.
Maddie's class wrote their own opera. It was all about space, aliens and land and sea animals. They also made their own sets and costumes. Maddie of course picked to be a panda, her favorite animal. It was a fun night getting to watch it. It's not often we get to watch something with just one class there not a whole grade.
| Buddies |
Miss Hannah graduated from Preschool. Can't believe our little girl is headed to Kindergarten! Hannah had a great year and learned so much! She had awesome teachers! She also fell in and out of love! She was always coming home telling us about her boyfriends! She would say she broke up with one because she didn't love him but she did love so and so. I think we have trouble ahead with this one!
After graduation was the dance festival at the Elementary school. We had fun watching Maddie and Landon do their thing!
That night was the ward Father and Sons camp out. They drove out to five mile pass. I guess its somewhere out west of Eagle Mountain. The weather was crappy and really windy. Their dinner was flavored with dirt :)
While the boys were there the girls had dress rehearsal for the dance recital. Hannah's rehearsal was first and then we had about an hour until Maddie's time. We headed to McDonald's for dinner and then went back to the school. After Maddie's rehearsal we went back out to the car and it wouldn't start, like not even a bit. Someone was getting in their truck by us and I asked if she had jumper cables but no luck. A little later an older gentleman pulled up and he did have jumper cables. He tried to jump me but it wouldn't work. We gave up after like ten tries. I called Dave(who was at the campout) and told him what was going on so he could call his brother. I then started calling people trying to find someone to come get us. I finally remembered my neighbor Jenn said her husband wasn't going to the camp out. She answered and sent him to come rescue us. While we were waiting Dave called back with Matt on the other lone so we could figure out what was going on. We determined it wasn't the battery but the starter went out.
Dave and the boys ended up not camping that night and came home. The next morning Dave and I drove down to his car and ended up having our old neighbor Nate Lindsay help up tow it home so Dave could fix it.
That evening was the girls recital. My parents and Caroline were able to come watch. Both girls did great! It was so fun having multiple songs to watch. Maddie was on stage three times and Hannah twice.
We celebrated with Arctic Circle afterwards.
In April I was called to be the Relief Society Activities Chair. I was mostly excited. My favorite calling I've had so far has been being on the committee for that. Our first activity was a Birthday Dinner for the Relief Society. We were given a $40 budget which obviously is not enough to do anything. I came up with the idea to just give out a truffle with a quote to go along with the evening and used my supplies to make them. I was nervous the night of the activity but it ended up going well! We got lots of compliments!
Next up was Landon's graduation from 6th grade! Landon had a good year except for those couple months his teacher was on maternity leave. Seriously though he loved his teacher, Ms Johnson. She seemed to really get him and we were all sad when she was gone after having her baby. She did make it back for the last month of school.
Last day of school 2016...
They all grew a little though Tanner seemed to grow a lot this year!
It's summer!!!!
Celebrating another school year competed and my birthday at Tepanyaki! The kids all loved it!
The kids and Dave made me a candy poster for my birthday. After dinner and cake we had to head to the church for a court of honor. Landon received two rank advancements which was a great way to spend my birthday.







No comments:
Post a Comment