Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day 2015

        We made plans with Dave's parents to make the rounds for Memorial Day. Matt and his family decided to join too. We wondered if this might be Grandma Fowles last time doing this so we wanted to make sure the kids had an opportunity to visit the grave sites with her.

         We started in Springville. And cleaned up/decorated Grandma & Grandpa Johnson's grave. These are Nancy parents. Grandpa died before I met the Fowles but Grandma J passed when Maddie was a baby. See these posts one and two.



   It was a chilly May morning. Hannah of course can be found on her special "White Grandma" lap.





    The cemetery in Fairview was up a hill and was extra cold there. The big boys couldn't be bothered with jackets of course! The kids really enjoyed helping clean and decorate the grave sites, Hannah especially.



    Our last cemetery was the one in Mt. Pleasant where Grandpa Fowles, Grandma's husband, was buried. Grandpa Robert Fowles passed away just a month before Landon was born. I had been planning to name Landon, Zachary Lewis, after my maternal Grandfather. But after Grandpa passed away I felt impressed to name him Landon Robert instead. Grandpa was a pretty cool guy and we even shared a birthday :)



Cute Cousins


Grandpa Roger is a pretty fun grandpa to have!





            After the last cemetery we headed to a little drive in for lunch. I didn't take any pics but it was pretty good. We then headed to Grandma Fowles house to do some chores.












        Grayson loves his Grandma Fowles!

     It was a wonderful day with family! We missed the ones that weren't able to be there! I'm really glad we took the day to teach our kids about their family that had passed.

No comments: