Friday, August 1, 2008

Is it Finally August?

Well July hasn't been the best month around here. I'm optimistic that August will be better. Some reasons we don't want to remember July 2008:
1. It started with the stomach flu. (everyone except Landon caught it at some point)
2. Dave's Aunt Janis was diagnosed with colon cancer.
3. All 5 of us got a yucky cold. . .in the Summer?
4. Dave's grandma passed away.
5. Landon caught Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease.
6. Tanner caught some mystery virus. Looks like strep but test was negative.
7. We weren't able to hang out w/Dave's fam as planned because of our highly contagious children.
Some of the events of the second half of the month:

The Day of the Larsen Family Reunion -
The reunion was kind of boring for me since I didn't know anyone except Dave's immediate family. . . it would have been more exciting if our Grimley relatives had attended:) After the reunion we went to Gma Fowles house. The kids had fun playing in the sprinklers and the kiddie pool. Maddie and her cousin Michael learned how to climb stairs. Oh and Tanner wasn't acting the water was really cold.



Grandma Johnson's Viewing:

Gma Nancy, cousin Datie and the boys....Datie is Tanner's favorite cousin. Too bad he lives in Idaho.


All the kids we may or may not have infected with our weird sicknesses. We went despite Dr's orders saying we stay home.

Grandma's Funeral:
I missed a lot of the service hanging in the hall with our sicklies but I think it was very well done. Dave's dad read from Grandmas journal it was cool to hear what she wrote about.
After the grave side service I snapped a pic of our only happy child with Dave and his Dad.

2 comments:

The James said...

I'm sorry it's been a rough month. You made it though. Sterling kept hugging Tanner yesterday he was so excited to play with him.

Kliss said...

Man, July was rough for your family. Hopefully it just means that you got all your 2008 sicknesses in one month and now you are finished for the year.