Saturday, October 10, 2015

Maddie's Baptism

   



   I can't believe my little girl is already old enough to be baptized! She was so excited for her big day! A Baptism is quite an event! It takes some time to put it all together.

Photo Shoot

     The first obstacle was finding the perfect dress that didn't cost a fortune. When Costco put out their dresses I didn't fall in love with any of them. Everyone says you have to buy the dress there(because of cost)  but there aren't a lot of choices. A lot of them were either sleeveless or had see through sleeves which is fine for some but not what I felt comfortable with. So I searched the internet and finally one night I found this one on Macy's website and it was even on clearance! I went and measured Maddie in her sleep and then ordered the dress. Thankfully she loved it!
        Next up was a photo shoot. So there were all these fires going on in western states and their smoke was filling Utah up. I wasn't sure if it would ruin the pictures or not but I wanted to get them done. Fortunately it didn't cause any trouble. One Sunday morning(out church doesn't meet until 3pm) Maddie and I headed to the Timpanogos Temple for pictures. Well turns out the grounds are closed Sunday morning but luckily there is an amphitheater across the street so we made it work. It was a great shoot. I said a prayer before hand that it would go well and I really think it did. Maddie really enjoyed it. I think it helped a lot not to have any other kids with us.

Here's some of my faves:











Invitations

   So it's sort of a hobby of mine doing invitations. After recently doing lots of invitations for other people I was excited to do some for us. When I was doing some wedding invitations this summer I found that Costco had an affordable two-sided option where I didn't have to use one of their layouts. I loved how these turned out and may never do a one sided invite again :)  



Baptism Day

     The big day finally arrived! We got up super early since we had to be there by nine and had 7 people to get ready! So Susan's step daughter was getting married the same day :(   The original plan was for Mark to bring Lily to the baptism but they got busy and that wasn't going to work. When I told Maddie the night before that Lily wouldn't be coming her head dropped. Then Dave came up with the idea that he could pick Lily up and bring her so he did! Maddie really wanted everyone there and was so sad about the ones that couldn't. She cried a few times, poor girl.
      There were three kids from our ward being baptized and we were the first there. We went and got changed and then took a couple pictures. After that we hung out waiting for everyone to arrive. Well there was some miscommunication with the Bishopric and no one showed up! After some phone calls the Bishop was on his way. After that everything ran smoothly.
        Maddie asked Grandma Knadler to give the talk on Baptism. She gave a great talk about the three bears and gave all three kids a bear to help them remember. Maddie got to be baptized first. It was really special and poor Dave had a hard time making it through the ordinance. After the boys had been baptized as well we met in the chapel for a talk by one of the other kids Grandmas and then they all were confirmed. The whole program was wonderful and I'm so proud of Maddie for choosing to be baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.






Party Time!


      Afterwards we invited everyone to our house for lunch! This is the part that is the most work for me. I have to super duper clean my house the week before and plan food for 40ish people. We had a great time visiting with everyone and everyone seemed to enjoy the food. We had croissant sandwiches, chicken salad croissants, chicken & Swiss rollers, meatballs, 3 types of salad, watermelon, fruit salad,chips, cupcakes, Rice Krispy treats, chocolate cake, 'swig' sugar cookies and an Italian Soda Bar. The soda bar was probably the biggest hit and we went through a whole case of mineral water!














It was a great day! We appreciate all of the family that was able to come out and support our sweet Maddie girl!

No comments: