Thursday, July 30, 2015

Just a Fun Weekend

Alright time for a picture overload! Last week I realized that summer was going to be over soon and we hadn't even done much! Like the same day I got an email that Seven Peaks passes were on sale for only $10! I bought them from KSL and was even able to save 10% off of that. So we made a plan to go with Susan and Lily on Thursday. The kids all had so much fun! It was so much better than when we came two years ago since my three oldest are swimmers now(no almost drowning with Tanner). Grayson did step up for Tanner and require a first aid visit. He had cut his toe earlier in the week and reopened that. Maddie I think had the most fun, she just loved the wave pool.








The next day was Pioneer Day. Susan invited us to join them on a hike. Poor Dave had to work since it's just a Utah holiday and missed out. I think he subconsciously sabotaged our trip since our hiking backpack was in his trunk so we had to go without it. Well Susan, Mark, Lily, Katie, Memphis, Me and the kiddos headed to Stuart Falls.  So since we only had one backpack and two babies I carried Grayson the whole way in and then Katie carried Memphis the whole way out. Poor Katie Memphis fell asleep on the way out so she had to carry dead weight.

   Well the hike was fun and hard all at the same time. It was my first time hiking without Dave(since having kids). So that meant I had to carry a kid, Dave usually does that. Well and it turns out Hannah isn't quite ready to hike on her own yet. Mark helped with her on the way in giving her shoulder rides. I would have had Tanner help but T, L, Katie and Memphis had all gone way ahead of the rest of us.
Grayson loves Aunt Susan's lollipops

Taking a break



The falls were super pretty and totally worth the hike. The kids loved playing in the water and dirt(Grayson). We hung out for quite awhile. When we first got there it was super crowded, guess a lot of people had the same idea. So yeah since it was so crowded it was hard to get around and when I was trying to get by some people I totally fell. The worst was I was holding Grayson and my camera at the time. I was able to protect them both but ended up with a bruised bottom and nice cut on my hand. Tanner was worried about my cut and tried to clean it, his first aid training from the week before kicked in.















After awhile we headed back to the car. Hannah would not hike at all and wanted me to carry her. Since I had a heavy backpack with Grayson and hills to climb that wasn't going to happen. Tanner stepped it up and carried her almost the whole way out! Near the end I was able to convince her to walk by promising a milkshake.



Yep I am exhausted, that thing was heavy! At least Grayson found the water
and kept himself hydrated.

I ask L to take a pic of me and I get this instead

All the kiddos
Still drinking



Dirty Shoes


Dirty legs, except Hannah's


That night we did a few fireworks with the kids.







The next day the girls and I had a bridal shower in Hooper. It's a bit of  a drive so Dave and the boys drove us and they went with his Dad and hung out at Hill Air Force Base museum. After they picked us up we went to the train museum. We hadn't been in forever so it was so much fun.









There is a little car museum with the train one





Poor Hannah fell and scraped up her knees so she wouldn't get in the pic



  After so much fun three days in a row Sunday was a nice break!

No comments: