A few weeks ago I saw a print at the dinosaur museum that I liked. It inspired me to make this little decoration for my house. I then went ahead and made them for all the gals I visit teach and just put it in a simple white frame.
So back to the 4th. We started the day at our neighborhood's awesome traditional 4th of July breakfast and bike parade. The kids LOVE this! I love that our neighborhood does this and invites everyone LDS or not. Our last neighborhood never did anything like this. It was way more exclusive there all about the street you lived on or whatever. So we all ate some pancakes and sausage and did a little socializing. I had a friend tell me she is expecting twins! Super exciting! Then when the kids could be contained no more they did the bike parade. A neighbor that is a police officer led the parade in his car with the sirens going, super fun for the kids! My kiddos all went around at least twice!
Hannah has not mastered riding a bike yet so Dave came up with the idea to have Landon pull her in the trailer. She loved it!
| if you look closely you can find Tanner even though I told him he was too old |
I was talking to a friend and she mentioned how they hadn't figured out how there little one could participate. And I said throw her in with Hannah! So Landon was nice enough to ride another lap so sweet little Adelaide could join in.
Right after the bike parade we packed the van up and headed to Dave's hometown of Henefer. We visited at the house for a minute and then headed over to the city park to find Camille and check out the festivities. We also ran into Holly, Dave and Camille's childhood friend. She lives in Texas so we haven't seen her for a long time. Dave and my first date was a group date and both Camille and Holly were there.
Camille somehow got free passes for the bounce houses and had enough for us. I took the kids over there to play. Good thing they were free because they only lasted like 5 minutes since it was sooo hot!
The girls wanted their faces painted. May have had something to do with Sami already getting hers painted.
The boys spent their money on sodas and candy, big surprise.
We headed back to Dave's parents house to visit for a bit and then go to the parade. Matt and family arrived just as we were heading to the parade. The parade seemed pretty short this year. It's a good thing they circle back and come by two times or else it would have been a real letdown.
| cute cousins |
| Lovebirds |
| Hannah is soo excited! |
| Landon used his mitt to catch his candy |
After the parade we headed back to the house for a meal and just hanging out. The kids had fun playing outside and with their cousins.
Just before 6pm we headed back our way to get together with some old friends. We didn't make it back for their cookout but we got there just in time to play baseball. The kids had a blast playing and I even went to bat twice and hit! Most the time I hung out with Grayson though.
| Love the pitchers expression |
After baseball we went to the Lindsay's and lit fireworks. It was a lot of fun! Our neighborhood has a little firework lighting tradition and it was a hard choice deciding where to go. There were some serious fireworks going on all around us and one of the Lindsay's neighbors brought some awesome ones.
After that they all headed to watch Thanksgiving Points firework show but we decided to head home since it was already 10 and Grayson was pretty much done. Well when we got home our neighbor across the street put a little show on for the kids. He had bought some cool fireworks. We eventually got the kids to bed and weren't too upset to have church at 3 the next day since we all slept in.


No comments:
Post a Comment