Monday, October 8, 2012

Who needs Water?

Well I guess not us or our garden...



Well if you remember from this post the kids planted their own garden back on July 21st. Well they were good little gardeners at first and made sure to water and everything. But well that only lasted for a week and then they forgot about their poor little garden. I remembered to water it twice over the next month.

Then one day Landon walked by the garden and noticed that something magical happened. They had actually grown something.



So yeah they actually grew a lot of these white radishes. Landon was so excited he took them into school for show and tell. Well with the discovery that the garden was actually growing something we renewed interest in watering it. Of course that only lasted a couple times before we forgot again. But then one day we noticed this little guy growing. We let it get a little bigger and then last week we had it with our dinner and it was actually pretty good.


Well our garden continues to produce without being watered. We've ended up with a bazillion radishes, 4 squash, 4 flowers, a bunch of green beans and 1 pea pod. Yes just one pod that luckily had 4 little peas in it so the kids could each have one.



  So I'm not sure if the kids have learned a good or bad lesson. Either way it looks like even people like us can enjoy the benefits of a garden. And I think I just might let them plant some more seeds next year just maybe a little earlier in the season.

No comments: