Sunday, April 22, 2012

Dum Dums, Titanic and Flying

Some Random kid stuff...

The Saturday after getting back from our little trip the boys discovered that you can get a prize by turning in 20 Dum Dum wrappers. So they decided that they needed to earn some quick cash so they could buy a pack of Dum Dums.  They set up a stand and sold some of their Easter candy. I guess they weren't bringing in enough money so they came up with a great money making idea.

Tanner is obsessed with the Titanic, has been for over a year now. He decided to use some his knowledge for profit. SO the boys went to a couple of houses and offered lessons on the Titanic for a $1. He managed to get 2 students. He gave them a presentation and then showed them a video. Between that and the candy they earned enough to buy their Dum Dums. Sadly I had to confiscate their lollipops since the next day I was woken up to the sound of a little boy opening a lollipop. Not an okay breakfast for me.

Maddie is a crazy dreamer. Her dreams and nightmares are really vivid. Last Wednesday night I heard some noise coming from the girls room. I went in to find Maddie having a full blown temper tantrum in her sleep. She of course woke Hannah up. Dave took Hannah and I was left to take care of Maddie. It took a few minutes but I was able to wake her up and end the tantrum. Later that same night I was woken up to some more noise from the girls room. I ran in to find Maddie flapping her arms telling me she was flying. It was really hard not to laugh at the sight of this. Dave was pretty bummed he slept through it.


No comments: