Friday, April 20, 2012

A Little Mini Vacation

For Spring Break we headed down to St. George for a few days. It was pretty exciting for us since we haven't had any family vacations since Disneyland in Sept. 2010. Dave thinks the camping trip from last summer was a vacation but  I believe otherwise.

So we took off Monday night after Dave got home from work. Even though we left our house just before six we didn't get to the house down there until almost 11. Too many stops and a baby that wasn't happy slowed us down.

Dave told a lot of people we were going and asked for ideas on what to do. Everyone said "Go to Zion's". So do you think we went there? Of course not. We didn't have a lot of time down there so I wanted to pack in as much as I could.

So here is what we did do....

Warning...Lots of pics!

Snow canyon
 So we started out with some hiking. Turns out Maddie is quite the little hiker. She loved it.





Hannah loved hanging out in the backpack

Time to empty all the sand out of their shoes and socks

Dave was sad he couldn't see Hannah at all so I took over for the last little bit.

 Jacob Hamblin Home
   In an effort to mix in some Church History we headed to this pioneer home right after hiking. Even though it was a short drive there 3 of the 4 kids had fallen asleep. So just Landon and I went on a tour of the house.
Not the best pic but I guess that's what you get when a Sister Missionary takes it.

Tanner claims he didn't fall asleep. I think this picture tells a different story.

Maddie snoozing away
 Hidden Valley Park
  Such a fun park for the kids to play at. I wish we had one like this close to home.



Guess the boys didn't get enough hiking earlier, they decided to do a little here.
 Brigham Young Winter Home
Everyone got to do this tour.

Yay for Pics taken by Sis. Missionaries

Cutest kids around
 St. George Temple


Landon took a lot of pictures on our trip

 Sand Hollow Aquatic Center
   The kids had sooooo much fun at the pool. Hannah wasn't too sure at first but then she started enjoying the water.


Carousel
   Hannah got worn out swimming(aka fell asleep) so she missed out on this one.



A few around the house

   One of the nights we had dinner at Brick Oven and Hannah managed to sneakily steal Landon's root beer. In the process of getting the cup on her lap she spilled root beer all over herself. She didn't care though and well turns out she knows how to use a straw. Yummy. She got to eat dinner, later at home, naked since her clothes were such a mess.

If we were at the house they were on their scooters.

Poor Hannah didn't get any sort of schedule on the trip. She even only got one real nap. While we were busy packing and doing laundry she fell asleep. Since I had already put away her pack n play she got to sleep on the big bed.

It was a great trip! It was so much fun to get away especially with all my favorite people. I only wished we could have stayed longer.

No comments: