Sunday, October 5, 2008

Traumatized



Our sweet little girl has had bit of trauma lately. First Maddie's cake experience was ruined when she grabbed the lit candle. After that she wanted nothing to do with her cake or high chair. We did finally get her to eat a cupcake on my lap. Two days later it was still obvious that she was scared of cake when we celebrated her bday at my parents. Hopefully she will forget her cake fears by her next bday.


Then that Sunday at Church she managed to hit her mouth on a hard chair and it started to bleed. Then in relief society she got a bracelet stuck on her arm. She cried pretty hard and I had to run her out of the room. It ended up leaving a nice mark.


So if that all wasn't enough Monday morning while I was trying to get us all ready Tanner shut the bathroom door in an attempt to keep Madelyn out and she got her finger stuck in it. The screaming was pretty bad. So it is beautiful and broken now. She really didn't like it when I tried to put ice on it and started crying "ooooohhhhhh." Fortunately Maddie had her 12mo appointment that morning so the Dr was able to check it out. Unfortunately though she had to get 3 shots. It was a pretty bad day. The rest of the week was quiet for our little girl so hopefully we are done with all the trauma.


However on Monday afternoon the boys were over at the neighbors playing and the older boys told Landon to cut his hair. Landon of course did it so he is sporting a buzz again. Last February he cut his own hair to "look cool". It took months to grow back.


Maddie did learn a new word this week...Shoes. She has always been obsessed with shoes so it wasn't too big of a surprise. She is such a girl.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry for poor little Maddie. this week will be better. I wanted to let you know that I got the lightsabers at buycostumes.com for 2.99 each, tyler chose to give those instead of goody bags. they really light up too. they were the hit of the party

Dan and Marci said...

Wow Stacy what a week. Poor little Maddie. She looks like such a sweetie. Parker cut his hair the other night too! KIDS--

Sara-Lynn said...

Poor Maddie and poor Stacy. What a week. Well atleast it seems to be getting better. Got to love it when kids cut their own hair. I haven't had the experience yet, but I am usually the one trying to get them to do something cool with their hair!!

Sherian said...

Poor little thing! It's a good thing kids don't remember much about their first few years! And it's a good thing they are so resilient!

The James said...

Poor Maddie. She's a tough little girl. That's ute she loves shoes. She sure is growing up.

Kathy said...

oh poor baby. She is so cute. Sorry you and she had to endure that.