Saturday, October 25, 2008

Tanner's Star Wars Party

A little over a month ago I found Tanner making invitations to his birthday party. He cut out, folded and decorated all his own invites. He decided on a Star Wars theme. He even went as far as coloring a different character on each card. It surprisingly only took him one afternoon to do.


Yesterday was finally the big day. I let him invite 8 friends.....he invited 7 and his Uncle Jared(who was nice enough to rearrange his work schedule to come).

When the kids came in we gave each of them a Jedi Belt and a inflatable Light Saber(Thank you Marshall's for the great idea). The kids then went crazy pretend fighting. We played a bunch of Jedi Training games.
Somehow the kids always end up on the tramp We made Tanner a Star Wars cake....the black frosting was a little messy on the boys faces.

My brother Jared and his friend Nicole were a big help. Maddie hung out with Nicole most the time and Jared was our video guy.

The party was crazy but a lot fun....I'm happy it's over though!

3 comments:

Sherian said...

Star Wars huh? Such a foreign world to me! Tell Tanner I definitely know he's 6 now! I love his invites.
I'm so sorry about Maddie's finger!

Sara-Lynn said...

What a fun party. Love the cake. How did you get the frosting such a true black?

The James said...

I'm glad Tanner at a great birthday. Sterling loved the party. Thanks for watching him all day for me while I was at the hospital with my mom.