Yay it's finally summer!!! I don't know who is more excited me or the kids?! I love the first part of summer! This year we didn't really get workbooks for the kids we just did chores. They had the same chores for a week and had to get theirs done everyday before they could play. It seems like there was a lot going on this summer so it flew by. Besides all of this June was full of baseball!
We had lots of fun in June...
Pinewood Derby
Landon's final derby. He started out the night being awarded his Webelo and Arrow of Light awards! Then he raced. His car did awesome! Poor Landon had to leave early to go to his baseball game so he wasn't there for the end to see he won THIRD PLACE OVERALL!!! So awesome!!! I stayed and grabbed his trophy for him. He was a little disappointed in the quality of the trophy, our last ward got real ones, but he was still happy with how well he did.
City Carnival
I took the kids on dollar days to the city carnival. We hadn't gone to a carnival since the boys were little so this was the girls first time ever! They all had lots of fun! Tanner got queasy after too many spinny rides but luckily never threw up! We ran into Tanner's teacher Mr. Woodbury there.
National Doughnut Day
I don't need a day to get doughnuts but we were able to hit Krispy Kreme on National Doughnut Day. We got lots of free doughnuts because the kids brought their report cards and got doughnuts for A's!Campfire
We finally tried out Dave's fire pit he got for Christmas! It was a fun night of S'mores and silly kids! Landon did have the great idea to roast starbursts. We didn't find out until later that one dripped on his hand and he got burned. It looked really ugly for a long time.
| 5 days post burn |
Eagle Mountain Pony Express Days Parade
We made it to the parade again this year! This year the boys were in the parade with their baseball team so that made it extra exciting. Dave went early and saved us a great spot, we ended up sitting by some of our neighbors. The parade is pretty long but lots of fun. The girls had a blast, Grayson ended up napping. We also got to see our old next door neighbor Lindsey Davis. His son Thomas was in the parade with his football team.| There's Landon in the back |
Lincoln's Birthday
After the parade we went to Lincoln's first birthday party! Grayson usually likes to attack Lincoln with hugs but this time it was Jared having Link hug G.
We visited Boondocks a few times to get some batting practice in. The girls are good sports about watching the boys. That afternoon Tanner invited his friend Andy over. They ended up having a water fight where Tanner soaked poor little Hannah. That wasn't cool so Andy helped Hannah get Tanner back.
Dinosaur Museum
I swear I can't take these kids anywhere!! Seriously we had lots of fun playing before our membership expired.
Picnic at the Park
We decided to have a picnic dinner at a park one night. We planned to go to Willow Park where I would be going for Cub Scout camp but there wasn't anywhere open. Then we tried Neptune Park but it was city days in Saratoga so it was crazy. So we finally ended up at the city park in our old neighborhood. All the kids had a blast playing!
Swimming Lessons
This year I signed Landon, Maddie and Hannah up for a week of lessons. When I found out that Jake's family was moving I was worried our lessons would be canceled but luckily they let him still do them. Landon really took off with lessons and was ready to pass his swim test. Maddie got braver and can now swim with out her arm floaties! Hannah just worked on the basics but she loved her time with Jake.Just playing around with the camera!
| Love his baby blues! |
Father's Day
We had a fun little day celebrating Dave. The kids got Dave some presents and all filled out a little questionnaire about him. My favorite was Maddie's, it asked something your Dad forgets and she said "My name. He is always calling me Hannah" It was sweet each kid took a turn sitting with Dave reading their little thing.Lily came to play for an afternoon! The girls had lots of fun as usual! They went and bought root beer floats from a neighbors sale and played lots!
Grayson
Getting bigger and cuter everyday! Grayson finally gave in and started standing on his own this month. He's a stubborn little stinker but we love him! He's not a huge fan of the pool right now. I think the water is too cold for his liking. I try to take him in but he screams. Luckily he will still nap there sometimes!
Look who stole Mom's cupcake!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment