Yesterday was a good day, I saw Heavenly Father working. It started on Sunday at church. On our way out I ran into my sweet friend Jenn. She hadn't come to Sunday School(and she's in Young Womens) so I hadn't talked to her. Anyway I was complimenting her and she wasn't taking it. I finally said "Oh Jenn just take the compliment!" She then told me she didn't feel well and then whispered that she was pregnant! I was so excited for her, she'd been wishing for this for a long time! Well the rest of the evening I thought about what I could do for her, it was obvious she was not feeling well at all. One thought was to make them dinner but I couldn't think of anything to make that didn't require the grill(Dave does all the grilling). Nothing was coming to me and with 100 degree heat I really didn't want to use the oven. So before bed I prayed to know how I could help her.
The next morning I was going through the Sunday paper and saw the Macey's grocery ad. As I was looking through it I saw that Country Style Pork ribs were on sale. And it hit me I could do the ribs I make in the crockpot! I really felt impressed to offer dinner. I can be a bit of a doubter though. More like questioner. Would it be weird to offer dinner this early on? I told Dave and he kind of thought it was weird. SO I sat there wondering what to do. I decided to call my sister Susan to see if she thought it was normal. She said that she had wished to have dinners brought in early on, that they had needed more then(she had bad morning sickness). So I decided yes I would do it.
My phone was charging downstairs and I was headed upstairs to deal with some laundry. I was thinking I should text her now but then I started to push it aside thinking I would do it after I took care of the laundry. I was then impressed to do it then. So I sent Jenn the text and headed upstairs. Awhile later I heard my phone get a text and went and checked. I had received 2 texts. One from Dave saying he had accidentally taken my car keys to work! We don't have an extra set we just have the valet key. The other text was the sweetest and it teared me up. It was from Jenn. She said the morning had been rough and she was sitting there realizing she would not be able to make it to the store and she wasn't sure what they were going to do about dinner when I texted her. I have no doubt Heavenly Father had answered our prayers. I was so glad I listened.
So now I had to see if we had the valet key for the van since I would need to go to the store. Well it wasn't in the key box. I was freaking out because a trip to the store was a must! Landon and I searched and searched and were having no luck. I then said a prayer and less than a minute later I knew where to look and found the key!
On the way home from the grocery store I happened to be the first to come up on a car fire. It was crazy and the fire had spread to in front on the car as well! I hurried and pulled over and called 911. I was going to go to see if the girl needed help but someone else had pulled over that didn't have two little kiddos in their car. I remembered passing one of those pickup trucks from the fire station a little earlier and I was hopeful they were headed this way and sure enough they were! They pulled over as well. I don't think it was just luck that they would be driving by right after a car started on fire.
No comments:
Post a Comment