Sunday, July 15, 2012

Summer is Here...

Our summer started out with a bang, like literally. One afternoon I was enjoying some quiet while Hannah was napping and the rest of them were out back playing with the backyard neighbors. I heard some banging on the side of the house so I went out to investigate. Landon and Eliza were in a window well throwing rocks while Tanner was holding the grate which he kept hitting the house with. I told Landon and Eliza to get all the rocks out and then to get out as well. I headed back in the house. Minutes later Tanner came in screaming. I couldn't understand what he was yelling but was mostly concerned he was going to wake Hannah up. Then I finally saw the blood and realized he was yelling he cracked his head open. My neighbor Angela came running in since she had heard and saw Tanner come in the house. She took over holding some paper towels on his head while I called my insurance to find out where I could take him. (We had gotten new insurance in January and had never used it besides the normal drs). That took way too long but by the time I got the info Nate had showed up and after freeing Lando and Eliza from the window well was ready to watch all the kids including a sleeping Hannah so Angela and I could take T to the Instacare. Luckily the instacare was dead so we got right in. Once we were in the room we did a lot of sitting and waiting. It took two applications of the numbing stuff to get it to work. Then the Dr came in and hooked T up with 4 staples. Not so lucky was that they hit a vein on the last staple and caused some more bleeding. It eventually stopped bleeding and they let us leave.


6.8.12




*So it turns out Tanner decided he wanted to look down in the window well and well ended up getting hit in the head with the grate. He automatically headed for the house and well since the grate fell with L and Eliza in there they ended up trapped. I'm hoping all this craziness has cured their curiosity with the window well



A week later we got to go back and get them removed.


Before getting them removed


and after.


So now Tanner's head has had staples twice and stitches twice . So I'm thinking we are good.
.

No comments: