Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Where's My Water? Birthday

 So what kind of party do you have for an 8 yr old when his bday is at the end of June? Water, of course! You add in that his favorite app is Where's My Water? and you have the perfect theme.

  So as far as the birthday party goes we had it planned for his actual birthday since it just so happened to be on a Saturday. Well on Thursday at lunch time a fire broke out in our city. It didn't cause me any concern until Friday morning(it grew like crazy over night) when I realized our outdoor party may be in jeopardy. Friday night we started making other plans, indoor plans. Then miraculously we woke up Saturday morning to blue skies and not the overwhelming smell of smoke that had been around the night before. So the party got to go on as originally planned...Yay the  kids prayers were answered!
Friday Morning

Friday Afternoon

Party Time!


The Invitation...



I didn't go crazy with decorations or anything because well it was outside and I don't think 8 yr old boys would really appreciate them anyway.


Goody Bags... So each bag had some homemade glow in the dark slime (Landon had a blast making all of it), a duck and some candy. Landon also assembled all the alligator clips and then we also gave all the boys a 'crayon squirter' as my kids call them. If you've played the game you understand the slime, duck and alligator thing.


Poison Drinks...Okay so Landon's favorite color just so happens to be purple so this theme was perfect to allow it to be incorporated without being girly. But anyway I thought it would be fun to have poison {grape Hawaiian punch} to drink...once again if you know the app you get it.




 As far as the actual party goes I didn't plan many games because I've done enough boy parties to know that they tend to entertain themselves. So as the boys came they played on the tramp and in the pool. Once they were all here we did lunch.


 Lunch Menu.... {Landon's choice}  Hot dogs, watermelon, grapes & 2 kinds of fritos


The first game we did was a relay race trying to shoot some ducks down with water...




After a few rounds it became an all out water war with their 'crayon squirters'.



Then we lined them up to play a little game with water balloons. They had a little bit of trouble doing this so we changed plans a little and..

they spread out and Dave threw the water balloons for them to catch. The incentive to catch it was that if you did you could throw it at anyone.



After a little while we let them loose with all the rest of the water balloons.



And then they broke out the squirters again and had another water fight.


Landon and his buddy Nathan taking a break from the craziness


Cake Time

     So I realized the morning of the party I didn't have a plan for getting the cupcakes from the house to the table outside. I came up with this...the ice cream cone box duct taped around and little circles cut out of the top to fit the cakes in. Turned out pretty good I think.


Funfetti Yum!

Hannah is definitely the 4th, she is trying cake out way before her bday.



Landon got lots of fun presents from his friends but the present that got the best reaction out of him was the one from Maddie. She had wrapped a rock for him because he loves rocks!




Slip N' Slide fun

Snow Cones.... The best way to calm down a bunch of boys and end a party.




After his friends left Landon, Hannah and I headed to the dino museum and left all the cleaning up for Dave and Tanner.




It was a great birthday and day! We are pretty glad to have Landon in our family :)








No comments: