Saturday, January 14, 2012

Counting down to Christmas

So the month long celebration of Christmas started with decorating the tree. I was able to hold off the kids and Dave until the Sunday after Thanksgiving, if they had their way it would be up before Thanksgiving.  So all we had time for that day was getting the tree put together and putting the star on. The next day the kids decorated the tree and house all by themselves(Dave was working and Hannah was not feeling so good and just wanted me to snuggle her on the couch).


 
I have some crazy kids!
We went to the Festival of Trees again this year. The kids liked it okay. If we go again we just need to remember to feed them dinner first, there is a lot to see and they can get pretty cranky if it's past dinnertime.


She loved the Tangled gingerbread house of course!

My little Broncos fans
  Great Gma Fowles ward did a little tree in memory of Gma's good friend that passed away a year earlier. We didn't find it the first time through so Dave and the boys went through again to find it while the girls and I went back to the car to feed Hannah. Well that was an eventful trip. I started to feed Hannah when Maddie announced she needed to use the restroom. I tried calling Dave but he couldn't hear his phone ring. Then Maddie started dancing and I knew it was an emergency so I put H down and took Maddie out in front of the car to you know what. First time we have done that and I hope the last but I doubt it. Well then I get back in the car and H had had an explosion...luckily I had grabbed an extra outfit on the way out. So I'm thinking I got the bad end of the deal taking the girls to the car.
Gma made the quilt


This year I wrapped 24 Christmasy books for the kids to unwrap every night. They loved this. It was fun to all snuggle on the couch and read a book. It was also a great way to get them to get ready for bed quick since we didn't do it until everyone was in pjs.


We had the Lindsays over to decorate sugar cookies. The kids also played Christmas Bingo and got dressed up and put on a little play for Angela and I. Maddie is the only kid that didn't devour all her cookies minutes after finishing decorating them.

Do you think he has enough sprinkles?

T is Joseph, V is baby Jesus, E is Mary, I have no clue what L is and M is upset she isn't Mary

Tanner was sooo excited to get a letter from Santa. Tanner had written a letter and drawn some pictures for Santa and mailed them on his own(aka no stamp and no return address). Yet somehow Santa knew which Tanner had sent them and mailed him a nice letter(yeah I think we have a pretty awesome mailman, must have put our address on the envelope)!




We went to the Spanish Immersion's Christmas program La Posada. Dave went crazy early so we would be able to see our little Landon sing. It was a fun little program. And thanks to it my kids all sing spanish Christmas songs. I have to admit the Spanish frosty song is much better than the English version, and that is Maddies fave to sing.

We got together with Dave's family the week before Christmas to celebrate. We had a fun filled Fowles day and ended with a little present opening.

Tanner was so brave and sang a song from Polar Express all by himself.
Photography by Landon

All the grandkids singing the Snowman song



All the kiddos got dressed up for Church the Sunday before Christmas. Like I said before it seems impossible to get a good pic of all four of them. Landon was the winner of 'worst picture taker' this day but Maddie was a close second.



We had Grandpa & Grandma Fowles and Great Grandma Fowles over for Christmas Eve dinner. We did the traditional Fowles Christmas Eve meal of homemade pizza.

No comments: