She's here! Well keeping with tradition I was induced, pretty sure if I hadn't she would still be in there. Anyway we got an on call spot for Monday, which meant that the hospital would call us when they had a room, it could be as early as 6:30 or much later. So Dave and I got the boys off to school and waited and waited until finally at 9:20 the hospital called and gave us an hour to get there. We got situated and by 11:30 they were ready to start pitocin and give me my epidural. I told our nurse that I am all about the epidural and she took that to mean give it to me right away. So this is where it got interesting. The guy did the epidural and then had me lay back down. He was asking me about my legs being numb or something when I started having a hard time seeing or well doing much of anything. I felt like I was checking out. I guess I went all white and my blood pressure was plummeting. Fortunately they were able to put some medicine in through my IV and a minute later I started getting better. That whole thing really freaked Dave out. After that things went a lot more smoothly. They did discover that she had passed some meconium in the womb so that meant we got to have some extra people in there for the delivery...yippee. Oh and well the epidural decided to not work so effectively for the last hour and the actual delivery which was special :(
So anyway our sweet little girl Hannah Marin Fowles was born at 6:04 pm on August 29th. She weighed 7lbs 5oz and was 19 in long.
| 40 weeks on the dot |
| Just born, getting checked and cleaned out by the respiratory and nursery people |
![]() |
| All six of us! |
| Loving her fingers already |
![]() |
| Lots of dark hair |
| All dressed to go home |
| Time to go |
| Sleeping at home |


2 comments:
oh so SWEET! Baby deliveries are so unexpected the more you have. I'm glad she here safe and you are all doing good! hey, I like that middle name! :)
And she does have lots of hair!
She is beautiful. I am glad all was okay with you. Sorry about the epidural, that always is horrible!! I love that we both have 2 boys and 2 girls!
Post a Comment