Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Day in the Mountains

So Dave did it he got me to agree to camping. It was going to be my first time since Tanner was a baby(6 years ago). We planned to head up Wednesday morning and come back Thursday night. Well Wednesday came and went with out us going anywhere. I told Dave we should pack up and go but HE just wasn't feeling it. It didn't help that he was having trouble finding a replacement for Bishop interviews. He finally decided Thursday morning that we would pack up and just go for the day. And so we did.

We met up with his family at Lost Creek campground at lunch time. After lunch we headed to Lost Lake to do some fishing. The boys really enjoyed fishing and spent most of the afternoon doing that. They each caught at least one 'fish'. Maddie spent some quality time with Gma Nancy, who followed her around while she explored. Turns out Maddie is not the camper Dave had hoped she was. She complained if she even got a tiny bit of dirt on herself and needed it cleaned up right away. That's my girl!
Here's some pics from the day:
Doing some fishing
Tanner with the HUGE fish he caught

About 5 seconds after I took that pic of T & his fish we got pounded by hail. We attempted to find some shelter.

Hanging out at the campfire

Landon's new fave treat, toasted coconut marshmallows...gross!

It was fun, maybe next year we can talk Dave into staying overnight:)

3 comments:

The James said...

Wow, you lucked out and didn't have to camp overnight. I absolutely love the picture of Tanner with the fish he caught. You make me laugh. I haven't ever tried toasted coconut marshmallows. They might be good.

Kendells said...

I feel the same way about camping. I have managed to escape it for the last two summers!

Shane and Clara said...

awh, Stacy-- your a camper, remember in college we went hiking and camped over night!! But I will admit, its not as fun getting dirtly and having to sleep in dirt now. I definately like showers and being clean to sleep.