What is that big ugly hunk of metal that has been hanging out on my driveway the last couple of days? Why it's Dave's *new* canoe. Even though I said NO countless times it is still here.
My Brother's in laws decided it was time to get rid of their treasured canoe and have been bothering us for months to buy it. I always said no. My Sis N Law went on about how much fun her family had with it...well then why don't you or one of your five siblings take it...because I have no desire to have it. Dave kept saying no too because he knew I would never allow him to spend one cent on it.
Then about a week and half ago Dave gets a message from my bro's FIL saying he has a proposition. Before calling him back Dave calls me and tells me he is pretty sure he knows what they want...a trade, Dave's labor for their canoe. Dave then tells me he is going to tell them NO.
Fast forward to Thursday night, Dave comes home with a 17 ft canoe. Something went wrong because we are now in the market for oars.
Well on the bright side the boys are pretty excited to have their very own boat. I'm sure they will have fun, I just won't be.
4 comments:
We actually have a canoe and it is pretty fun. The kids love it and so does Jon. they get some quality time together. Sorry you are not too happy about it. You did an awesome job today in Church. Talks are not my thing.
The canoe looks likes a lot of fun. Just think of the times when Dave takes the boys out on it and it's just you and Maddie at home.
I can't wait to see stories and pics in the canoe this summer! That's awesome.
I saw Maddie/Maddy's name on the nursery list for this year. Yay! She's so darn cute...I can't wait :)
Yeah for you and a new canoe! The boys will love it.
Post a Comment