Monday, April 21, 2008

Stapled

I don't know how but Landon always seems to find trouble. In early February he gave Tanner and himself haircuts. They were trying to "look cool." Tanner's was easy to fix due to the thick mop on his head. Landon's was cut to the scalp so we had to give him a buzz...it made me cry. Just in the past week we've finally been able to style his hair again. Two weeks ago he broke this toy that was full of a red liquid and got it everywhere including in his ear. Once at a neighbor's house for playgroup he got into her husbands stuff and used his razor on his fingers. She was left with a little mess to clean up.

Well today he and I were in my office. Landon grabbed the stapler (something he loves to play with) and got a surprise. He somehow stapled his thumb. Landon is usually pretty tough but he couldn't stop screaming and crying. Then I started screaming being a wimp myself. I carried him upstairs and stuck a lollipop in his mouth and yanked the staple out. We were then surprised by how much blood came out. Landon continued to scream, turns out there was some pain even after the staple was out. After a few minutes, a fruit by the foot, pretzels and holding a Boondocks purple monkey Landon regained his composure and was able to go outside and play. He is only left with a bruise on his thumb. Well needless to say the stapler is up on a shelf in my office. Hopefully he has learned his lesson and will stop playing with the stapler. But I'm not holding my breath.

5 comments:

Kelli said...

Ouch!! Bo LOVES the stapler at our house. Maybe if he stapled his finger he wouldn't think it was so cool. Actually, after hearing what you just went through, I think I'll just put it away.

Unknown said...

Poor little guy, I am a wimp too when it comes to things like that. Glad he is ok now.
Maelynn

The James said...

I'm glad Landon is better now. I hope you guys have a lot of fun at Disneyland. We will miss you all dearly!!!

Kliss said...

That kind of made me queasy. So for Landon the danger items are staplers and Q-tips. Good luck to you. At least that injury won't slow you down in Disneyland. Have fun, feel fry to call Tuesday night for Jazz updates.

Dan and Marci said...

Owwie--I can't believe you actually took a picture before you pulled it out!! That is classic! Hope all is well now :)