We were wanting to do something with Susan and Lily during spring break and finally decided to go to HeeHaws. It's normally a fall break stop for us but thought it could still be fun. The kids had a blast on the slide and playing with all the animals.
After HeeHaws we headed to krispy kreme for donuts!!! We took our report cards along and got lots of free ones!
I semi convinced the kids to let me take pictures of them. They weren't super cooperative but at least I got some! Grayson was actually the least cooperative.
We hit Neptune park on another day of spring break. The kids had lots of fun playing and we ran into an old neighbor so I got to chat with a friend :)
Little miss Hannah loves the movie Moana so much! We didn't see it in theaters so we rented it as soon as we could and she fell right in love. She loves to sing the songs and pretend to be Moana.
Ward Easter Party! The kids enjoyed doing all the awesome activities the primary did!
We went to the city Easter Egg hunt the day before Easter aka Grayson's birthday. Hannah was pretty excited to win two prizes!
Easter morning! With 1:00 church we had plenty of time to find baskets and get ready for church. Mom got a text asking to meet with the Bishopric before church. I ended up getting called as the Primary secretary.
A day late but we finally decorated Easter Eggs for Family Home Evening. The kids didn't complain too much :)
Just my cutie Grayson
Dance Competition! Last one of the year and they NAILED it! Not only did they take first in their division they took overall high point! They even won a cash prize for the dance studio!
| Reacting to the win |
It seems every April we get a bad windstorm and this year didn't disappoint. The wind was insane. We ran out and held on to the tramp since it was wanting to fly away. Dave came out and took the pad off it since that would help. While I stood there holding to the tramp the fence lost the battle.
Dave finally got around to fixing Tanner's bathroom. It had been unusable for awhile. It was kind of annoying that we had to refinish a bathroom that was already finished but what do you do? Just wish the owners that originally finished the basement had done it right.
Finally took Grayson to the dentist for the first time. That's a fun activity for two days after your birthday, right?
Trying out his new roller skates from Grandma without pants of course!
We went to Dexcom class during spring break and got Grayson started. He cried a lot the first time we inserted it. Poor kid! Now my phone is filling up with screenshots of what his blood sugar is doing. We are also learning what his happening with him all day and it was pretty overwhelming at first.
One of our worst nightmares. Grayson woke up with croup. He has always struggled with croup and unfortunately it got him again. This time is was a bigger deal because of his diabetes. The treatment for croup is steroids and turns out steroids cause insulin resistance. The other crappy thing was of course it all started on a Saturday. I got Grayson in to the pediatrician and got his steroid prescription. I then called the diabetes nurse on call since this was our first real sickness. I ended up talking to her A LOT over the next couple days. She helped us know what to do and fight this beast and keep our little man out of the hospital.
Grayson got ketones for the first time which wasn't too surprising since the steroid was causing high blood sugars. We kept upping his insulin amount at the nurses direction. I can't tell you how glad I was to have dexcom at this time! Poor Grayson spent days on the couch unable to do anything more than sleep. He wanted mom with him the whole time. I ended up taking him off the steroid early at the risk of the croup returning but I couldn't take anymore of seeing how miserable he was. Fortunately it paid off and the croup didn't return and after a day his blood sugars normalized. It ended up only lasting a day and then he had a really bad day where I was having to give him constant corrections. Turns out he had come out of the honeymoon period and he would now require a second type of insulin.
We've got a brace face! Tanner got his braces, he was actually excited! He had been begging me to take him in to get them. I just wasn't excited to be paying for them!
Cute little Hannah!
Just doing a little extra credit for cooking class. Tanner had made this dish at school and wanted to make it for us!
Look who gave her first talk in primary?!
And finally we let the kids know our vacation plans......Disneyland! We had been thinking of going to San Diego but in the end we decided to go to Disney. I was nervous about diabetes and vacation and felt like going somewhere familiar plus we LOVE Disneyland. The kids were excited! Our trip was 27 days away which meant leaving the day after school got out for summer!









No comments:
Post a Comment