Maddie joined the school choir this year. She loved it! They put on a concert on December 1st. Maddie was super excited but that afternoon she was acting a bit off(whiny and extra sensitive). About an hour before the concert started I happened to touch her forehead and noticed she was hot. I then took her temperature and sure enough she had a fever! There were tears and she did not want to miss her concert so we gave her some Advil and went ahead and took her. Luckily the medicine kicked in and she did a great job! I did keep her home from school the next day since her fever was still around.
The next day my friend Jennie and I threw a baby shower for our other friend Jenn who's expecting twins! I really had to twist Jenn's arm to allow us to do it. Silly girl didn't want the attention. It was so much fun though and Jenn got spoiled!
The next Sunday night to Monday morning it snowed! We haven't had a good snow fall forever so this was pretty exciting for the kids. That Monday morning right when Tanner shut the door as he left for school the power went out. For a second I thought he did something ;) Luckily we have a gas stove so I was able to make pancakes and hot chocolate for breakfast for the rest of the family. Dave left for work but then turned around and came back because traffic was so bad. He tried to work from home but it was hard since the whole city was without power so everyone was using their cell phones. The power did come back on before lunch time so that was great.
That afternoon I let Hannah go out and play. She had a blast! She really wanted to fill a box with snow for some reason. She worked hard with her little rake scooping up snow and putting it in the box. Later Maddie and Tanner joined her. Poor Landon had a lot of homework and wasn't able to play. Grayson begged to have his snow gear put on but then cried when I took him out. So instead he just watched from the door.
The next day was Hannah's little Christmas dance. The girls studio only does one recital a year so at Christmas time parents get to come see them show off some skills and dance to a song. I invited my Mom to come but with all the snow she wasn't able to make it.
That night the boys had their Court of Honor. Both the boys got rank advancements which was super exciting. They also each got a few merit badges. It's great to see them progressing.
On Thursday the Elementary School did a Christmas sing for the parents. Each grade would come in the gym and sing two songs. Grayson was not in the mood for this. It was hard to get any pictures between my short kids being on top rows and Grayson trying to run away. But the important thing is we went and supported the kids.

That night was Maddie's turn for her little Christmas dance. Maddie is on a competition dance team this year and is taking both jazz and ballet. This night was with her ballet teacher. Maddie has really progressed in her ballet skills this year so far! I'm not good with the terms but as you can see in the pic she is really good at getting her feet to point out.
On Friday it was the last day of school before Christmas break. I talked Dave in to taking the day off to help. In the morning we were able to go to Hannah's preschool class for their little Christmas program. It was super cute! Hannah is really talented at memorizing lyrics so I had already heard all the songs at home. She loves to sing all of the time!
I had signed up at the beginning of the year to help with Maddie's Christmas party. I didn't know at the time I would have to babysit so that is why I needed Dave home. Dave took care of all the kids while I got to help Maddie's class. I got put in charge of a craft. We made two fun ornaments. I loved getting to meet all of the kids in Maddie's class!
When I got home I made some ornaments with the girls. They loved it!
That night we went to Thanksgiving Point for dinner, visiting reindeer and the Christmas lights. It was some good quality family time!
| L's teacher gave him some cool glasses for looking at Christmas lights |
We survived the first few weeks of December! Now it's time for Christmas Break...not sure who is more excited me or the kids!!!








No comments:
Post a Comment