Monday, December 7, 2015

Fowles Christmas in Idaho

   This year Camille was in charge of the Fowles Christmas Family Home Evening. With Grandma Fowles house out as an option of somewhere to have it(which makes all the kids sad) she decided to host it at the Inn. The best part of Camille being in charge is it means a weekend getaway. The kiddos were so excited! We checked the elementary schoolers out a little early and we raced to get packed(it had been a busy week so we hadn't had a chance to pack) and hit the road. Only the 'kids' and their families were staying the night, Dave's parents and Grandma were just going to come up for the day on Saturday. Anyway we had the longest drive by far so even though we were the first to leave our house we were the last there. And unfortunately when you are the last there you don't get a choice on where to stay. We were given the basement bedroom. Dave and I are used to our bedroom on the second story of our house where it is extra warm so lets just say we were cold! To make it even better all the boys sleep in the basement family room. I had trouble falling asleep because they would not settle down out there. And well don't get me started on the stink! Matt and Angela picked the upstairs bedroom near the girls which I would have taken any day over ours!

     So anyway after we got there we threw some Papa Murphy's pizza in the oven for dinner. It ended up being pretty late by the  time we had dinner and the kids played a bit so then it was time for bed. Camille left all her kids there and ran back to her house to take care of something. While she was gone Boyd woke up. Dave was able to get him back to sleep on him and found himself stuck on the couch with a sleeping Boyd. Camille ended up staying home so Dave and I had to make a make shift bed for little Boyd and get him settled in for the night. Good thing Boyd isn't like Grayson because G would never fall asleep on a stranger!


    On Saturday morning after Roger, Nancy and Grandma got there we got started on making a big breakfast. I thought it was funny that basically all the cooking was done by then men, not normal for our house!


 



 Camille had decided on a more relaxed schedule for the day. This was really nice because it allowed the cousins to play and have fun together. A little while after breakfast we got set up and played our traditional BINGO. With Grandma not being independent anymore we the 'kids' had to buy the BINGO prizes. Shopping for them was harder than I expected so I can only imagine what it was like for Grandma.









Landon helped G check out his prizes
        Grayson and Boyd were sitting together cute so I grabbed the camera and of course the moment was lost! They did interact a little over the weekend but not too much. I'm sure they will play more together as they get older.


   After Bingo the girls wanted to play in the snow. We got them all bundled up and sent them out. Grayson decided he wanted to go out too so I talked Dave in to taking him out to play. Camille ran and got some sleds from her house and the real fun began. The boys saw from the window all the fun the little kids were having and they came and joined. It wasn't very light out as you can tell in the pictures. The kids all had a blast and then enjoyed some hot cocoa in the house afterwards.



First time sledding for Mr. G!


Roger and Matt working on our dutch oven dinner while the kids sled





















    Afterwards the kids took a rest. It didn't take Grayson long to fall asleep on Dave.




        We had a nice warm dutch oven dinner. The warm was really important to me :) I didn't get warmed up enough after being outside taking the sledding pics so it was really nice to have warm food.



   Right after dinner time we did the Christmas FHE. Camille and Date did a nice thoughtful program. We then did the traditional acting out the story of Jesus birth with nativities. And finally Christmas presents.










    Nancy, Roger and Grandma headed back home after that. The rest of us stayed another night. So the Fowles aren't big game players. Dave and I were able to convince Nate, Aubrey and Camille to play a game with us. We had a fun little game of Creationary. Matt & Angela didn't want to join, heck they didn't even want their kids to stay up to late. I'm all for enjoying the moment a little more and letting the kids have a super late night since we hardly ever have this opportunity. But I will admit Hannah was a mess the day after we got home!

Hannah & Kayla through a party, only Aubrey & Emmy were invited
   
 The boys were either in the basement watching movies or upstairs playing pool. 

   The weekend was a lot of fun! On the way home we realized we left Dave's new water bottle there. I sent Camille letting her know who's bottle it was and she said she'd save it for us for the next time she saw us. Well I started thinking and I realized we had nothing coming up with the Fowles. After so many get togethers this last fall there was nothing coming up. Made me kind of sad. I think we will just have to plan something to get everyone together!

No comments: