Sunday, January 3, 2016

Christmas Break 2015


Yay it's finally Christmas Break!!! I had some very excited kids on my hands. They really wanted to decorate a gingerbread house so when I was running some errands on Monday I checked all the stores for one and they were all sold out! I didn't want to disappoint them so I bought a box of graham crackers and a bunch of candies. I then cheated and hot glued their little houses together. I found a frosting recipe and whipped it up. Then I just let them go to town. Landon was the first to think of filling the house and plate with candy and Tanner of course copied. They wanted as much candy as possible! The kiddos had lots of fun and were pretty proud of their work.








  The next day I kicked them all out of the house after lunch. Tanner was the hardest one to get out there but I wanted them to play in the snow. Maddie really wanted to shovel and Tanner claimed he didn't want to play so he shoveled too. Landon went straight to building a snowman. Hannah wanted to build one too but was having trouble. I talked Tanner in to helping her and she ended up with a snow giant!











  Hannah wanted a pic with her snowman. Right after I took the pic he fell!


Landon made a snow fort too
Tanner's fix


        Dave and the big kids went to the new Star Wars that night with Mark. They all loved it! Maddie told Dave that she needed to see it again and was willing to go with me. So the day after Christmas Maddie and I went on a date there :)




   Dave had some supplies left over from a work party so we put them to good use. The kids had a blast decorating the big sugar cookies. We also made spritz at the same time, we wanted to make sure Santa had a good variety. So the kids were happy with their work until they saw Dave's cookie. They got really upset with Dave and accused him of being a show off. I was having a good laugh! But seriously Dave can be a bit of a perfectionist.














  On Christmas Eve we met up with the Capell's for bowling. It was for sure Grayson's first time and probably Hannah's too. Grayson ended up being pretty good at it and got the top score overall on our lane! Tanner wasn't feeling to good about that!







After bowling we went to Susan's house for games, dinner and a little Christmas Eve program. Susan got the boys Pie Face for Christmas and it was a hit!











   After a fun night with the Capells we headed home to do our traditional sibling gifts and pjs. They all do so good on getting a little something for their siblings. Tanner had a sewing class at school and made little things for all of them. Maddie handmade gifts for everyone too!




The kids all got in their new jammies and were ready for bed. They actually almost forgot about leaving cookies out for Santa! Luckily I remembered and they hurried and made some hot chocolate and put out some giant sugar cookies they made for him!


      While the kids were sleeping Santa came and filled their stockings and put presents under the tree!





Landon was clueless about the micro SD card Santa put in his stocking





The aftermath
     We got a ton of snow Christmas Eve night to Christmas morning, the most we have gotten in a long time! So in order to go to Grandma's we had to do some shoveling. The drive there ended up not being great between fog and the wind blowing the snow. Luckily once we reached Alpine the roads were all clear.




   At Grandma's house the kids got spoiled with more presents, played with cousins and ate a yummy dinner! We had a good day! Dave had been planning on us spending the next day at his parents but when I saw our children acting tired near the end of the day I thought it would be best to let them stay home the next day and play with their new toys. We ended up heading to Henefer on the 27th instead. I brought my camera but we didn't take any pictures. We had a nice visit with grandparents.







  On Tuesday the 29th I took the kids to the Museum of Natural Curiosity to play. Well turns out EVERYONE had that same idea. It was crazy busy! The kids had lots of fun. Grayson was slow to warm up(probably because of the crowds) but he did and ended up just having a blast. All my pictures have him since I stayed with him the whole time but the other kids played a lot too. At one point this girl ran Grayson over with a wheelbarrow and before I could get up to help him Hannah was there checking on him. The little girl wasn't moving away and I was starting to get worried miss Hannah would push her but Landon came running in to help too. I do just love seeing the kids take care of Grayson. They all love him so much!






He was worn out!

  So the next day Grayson woke up from his morning nap with a fever. He needed lots of snuggles and love! I think he got influenza. It ended up lasting 5 days and he was miserable. His fever would get up to 104! It was pretty sad and I ended up having to just spend most of my time sitting holding him.
    That night Caroline came over to help with Landon's science fair project. For the test we all had to eat one of these things. I lost and had the peanuts. It was hard to eat that many peanuts without water or anything. So Grayson got pretty upset with Caroline. He did not like her poking us! He even tried to save Tanner from her :)


On New Years Eve the kids and I headed to Boondocks for their noon years eve party. Dave was nice enough to stay home and take care of G, plus he had a yucky eye infection. The kids had fun playing games and meeting characters. I was bummed G couldn't come meet Batman.




Maddie wouldn't take her coat off but at least Tiana talked her into unzipping it!



My sick boys!!! Landon owned that spot on the couch for 5 days! Grayson was attached to mom for 5 days as well. I was pretty happy when theses boys finally got better!!!







And here's a little randomness to end this crazy long post...


Looks like G has finally gotten over his aversion to selfies :)


Love fresh from the bath cuteness

   Grayson discovered Nintendo DS and loves to play Mario. He seriously sits there and moves mario around and plays. Maybe he has some of me in him after all!







No comments: