Monday, August 31, 2015

Summer 2015 - August

   We started the month with a campfire and camp out in the backyard. Grayson was awake and able to participate this time. He loved hanging out by the fire. After Grayson and Mom slept inside while the boys in one tent and Dad and the girls in another tent slept outside.









 



Miss Hannah was wanting a haircut. She said she wanted it cut "short like Grayson's". I'm sure it would be cute but I asked the lady for not so short. I can't believe how long or blonde it was!







   I had an appointment with my thyroid doctor. Hannah wanted to come. Well it was during Grayson's nap so just the two of us went and Tanner babysat the rest. The appointment ended up being really short because everything looked great for me. Though my doctor was bothered I'd lost 7lbs since my last visit, I wasn't bugged by this. So Hannah and I went out to lunch at McDonald's afterwards. It was fun being out with just my little girl!


So with a family reunion and wedding coming up Dave suggested I go get a haircut. I got one scheduled for the morning before the reunion. I got the kids all settled at home with Tanner in charge. I asked him if the cell phone was on and he said yes. I headed out. It was a rainy day. As I was heading down the highway it seemed my car was being weird. Then when I approached the light to make a left turn I knew something was really wrong. I pulled over right after the light and got out. Sure enough the back drivers side tire was flat! So there I am stuck on the side of the road in the rain with a flat. I called Dave and he said he would talk me through it. I said "No Way!" The road is too busy there and I knew there was no way I could hold the phone and do it, plus I'm not that strong. I tried calling the kids to check on them but it went straight to voicemail. Argh Tanner hadn't turned it on. I kept having the feeling to ask Jay(my next door neighbor to help). But of course Tanner couldn't since I couldn't get a hold of him. I called my brother to see if he was home but he was at work. He did call his wife Jordyn to go be with the kids since now I had no clue how long I would be. Then as I was sitting there a familiar car pulled in front of me and stopped. An old friend from PTA at Harvest Elementary. She was headed to pick up a son from swim team practice. We decided she could best help me by giving me a ride home. After getting home I headed straight to Jay's house and he was more than happy to go change my tire and bring the van home for me. After he told me that he was scared changing it there. 
So Saturday morning Dave headed to discount tire and bought a new set. He went early so we could make it to the reunion on time. 




Dave's parents were in charge of the Johnson Family reunion this year. We usually avoid this get together since we know no one but that wasn't aloud this year. Luckily all the cousins came down for it too this year. The kids had lots of fun playing with them.



 Poor Maddie got stung there. She was pretty sad about it but Dad took care of her!


    Launa and kids got into town that next week in preparation for the wedding on Friday. I went and met Launa on Wednesday and picked up Garrett and Allie while Launa and Zane and Camryn headed to tour BYU & UVU campuses. We ended up at the pool of course and had lots of fun playing. Later the others joined us and we hit Cafe Rio for dinner, hung out and played and watched Paul Blart 2. They all slept over and the next day we went to Park City to play for a little bit. Grayson loved Allie right away. I just watched in shock since he doesn't really like people that much but he was asking her to pick him up all the time!





















   What do you do on the last day of summer??The pool of course!




            We went and saw the Minions Movie with Lily and Susan after Tanner's short first day of school. It was lots of fun!





      The Tuesday after Wedding day was the first day of school for Tanner.Seventh graders go a day early so they can get a feel for the school before all the other kids are there. It was a short day and he was only there until noon. The new schedule has Tanner heading out first for middle school. He was up ready and out the door before any of the other kids were up. Landon is starting his final year of elementary school and Maddie is in 2nd grade.












Homemade cookies of course!

   We went and met the Elementary schoolers at the bus and played at the park for a little while.





All of the school kids
   Grayson the late bloomer started walking lots more on the 2nd day of school. I don't think it was a coincidence Those kids babied him too much! Hannah and I were up in the loft and Hannah called for me to look because silly Grayson was walking up the stairs! He is a stinker!



It always takes some time to get used to the new schedules. Hannah needs more entertainment from Mom with her siblings gone. She loves doing arts and crafts and playing play-doh all day long. Grayson just misses his Tanner and will snuggle and love on him when he gets home!




   The boys decided to make dinner one night. It nothing to exciting but they felt pretty awesome making the food for us. They made cube steak, homemade fries and corn. They served us like it was a restaurant, it was cute!


No comments: