November is usually a pretty quiet month but this year it was a little busier. To start the month Maddie came down with a fever and then lost her voice. She missed 3 days of school which made her sad. Well turns out laryngitis in a 7 year old is croup for a baby :( Yep poor Grayson ended up sick with croup. He's our first baby to ever deal with this and I didn't like it one bit! It started Sunday midday with him. I had kept him home from church with Maddie and I. He was more snugly then usual and then the cough started. I was worried going to bed that night. He didn't last long in his crib before he was having trouble. It ended up being a very long night. He coughed a lot and had some breathing issues. His little chest was sinking in :( He also had this sound he would make that I later found out was stridor. I ended up taking him outside at 4am to try and help. So anyway I called the doctor the second they opened the next morning and got him in. At the doctor they gave him a shot since he had it so bad. They said the shot would start working in 6 hours and last a few days and would hopefully get him through the worst of the sickness.
| lots of snuggles |
| outside time |
| snoozing after his shot |
Well sure enough the next day he was doing great! He was happy and eating again so that was great.
Yet on Friday we found ourselves back at the doctor because he was miserable again. He had stridor once again so they gave him the shot again. Croup was NOT fun!
Notice all the drool?! He is officially sitting now!
The Fowles do things a little different. Dave's mom simplifies and has us celebrate Christmas on Thanksgiving day. I'm not a huge fan of this since I'm never ready for Christmas that early. It also makes for a REALLY long day.
So earlier in the month Grandma Fowles suddenly lost her eye sight. Unfortunately that meant a huge life change for her. Nancy came down and stayed with her and then shortly after Thanksgiving they moved her to Henefer to live with Dave's parents. This was just so sad. Grandma is a great woman and it's been so hard to see her go through this.Because of this Thanksgiving dinner just wasn't the same. Grandma was unable to help make it like usual. On top of that the night before the get together Camille went into labor. She wasn't due until New Years but Boyd decided to make his debut 5 weeks early. Unfortunately his lungs weren't ready and he had to be taken to a bigger hospital by helicopter. So with that Camille and family were unable to come down.
| working on dinner |
| ugh Tanner |
| Hannah loves her "Grandma with the white hair" |
The day after Thanksgiving we decided last minute to head up to Idaho to meet Boyd and show some support to Camille.
The girls found a tree and decorated it all by themselves for their bedroom. If you look closely you can see a pen, hair clip, crayons and even toilet paper!



No comments:
Post a Comment