Friday, August 19, 2011

Chat with Maddie

So it seems Maddie is really thinking this baby thing through. She is always asking when she is coming. Anyway a couple of nights ago when I was putting her to bed she asked me if the baby could come in the middle of the night. I asked why and she responded that she wanted to have her in her room when she wakes up(side note she has been storing the car seat in her room so she is ready to get her sis). I explained that the baby will have to stay at the hospital for a couple days so then Maddie declared she would be staying with us. Then she asked if she could be there when the Dr got the baby out. Yeah I don't think so! So I told her she could see and hold her soon after and Maddie replied "I don't want to hold her when she is all gross!" She said she will wait until she is clean and in baby clothes. Guess she has seen one to many pics of herself right after she was born.  Oh and to end the conversation she informed me that the baby comes with a pacifier, she is very certain that she has one now in my belly.

4 comments:

Shane and Clara said...

She is gonna be a good second mommy!

Good luck with everything and the baby arrival! WOW, it is soon, huh! We wish you all the best and good healthy baby and mommy recovery.

Can't wait to see first pictures of the adorable one.

Nicole said...

Too cute. How is the whole placenta thing going? C-section or no? I am thinking no since your due date is in 10 days and they haven't taken the baby yet. They made me schedule mine about 3 weeks early so there was so chance of me going into labor. I am so excited for you!!!

Ricky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynne said...

Oh, Stacy. That is so sweet. Maddie is going to be a great big sister. Any day now, right?