![]() |
| The kiddos patiently waiting for Santa to arrive |
A week earlier I discovered that Maddie is scared to death of Santa. This Santa was determined to break her fear and well he was successful. He got Maddie to pretend she was asleep while he was telling the Twas the Night Before Christmas Story.
After Santa left the kids acted out the Christmas Story. Tanner volunteered to be Joseph, Landon was a wise man and Maddie got to be an Angel. Sadly this is the best pic we got, Dave was in charge of the camera.
That night before bed the kids got to open one present which was pjs of course. They all loved their jammies and slippers. We forgot to take the normal pic of them all dressed in their jammies. I was running a fever by this time and just wanted to go to bed myself. Yes I was lucky enough to get the flu for Christmas. It sucked. I wasn't able to make any of the food I had planned and we all ended up eating cold cereal for breakfast and a stouffers lasagna for dinner. On the bright side Dave was around to manage the house.
Christmas morning was finally here. The boys woke up at about 3:50 for the first time and were sent right back to bed. They came in 5 more times before 5:30 with the same result. Then I guess they finally fell back asleep because when Maddie woke up at 7:45 they were both asleep. I decided to be nice and woke them up. It ended up being a good morning, besides feeling like crap. The kids did great at taking turns and they were really grateful for their presents. I got lots of hugs and thank yous.
![]() |
| Tanner was most excited over getting Toy Story 3, he's pretty easy to please |
![]() |
| For years Landon has asked Santa for a pogo stick and finally he got one. He thinks he must have been really good this year for that to have happened. |
All Maddie wanted for Christmas was "a Cinderella doll
and a Beauty and the Beast dress". I guess she was a good
girl because Santa got her both and threw in a Tangled dress.
The kids were pretty bummed on New Years when we were putting away the Christmas Decor. They watched the Church video Joy to the World in their tubs they had taken over as a little goodbye to Christmas.








No comments:
Post a Comment