Tuesday was the big day that Maddie got to return to the hospital to have the pin removed from her finger. She was fine in the waiting room but then they called us back. As soon as she saw the Pre-op room she became hysterical and gripped on to me so tight I have bruises on my arm. It took three of us to get her in her gown. Then it also took three of us to get her pulse. I had to hold her while another nurse distracted her with her favorite book(a cookie recipe book) and the second nurse took the pulse. Obviously from her reaction she did not have fond memories of her last surgery. While we waited for the Dr to get there Maddie just held on to me and my hair and sucked pretty hard on her pacifier. When it was time to go she didn't go quietly I could hear her screaming all the way to the operating room. But she was gone a measly 25 minutes. She only had to stay in recovery for a half hour and then we were set free.
Maddie held me responsible because once we got home she wanted nothing to do with me. She just wanted to cuddle with her Dad. I didn't get any cute pics of her pre surgery since she was so unhappy but I did snap one of her in the recovery room.

When I talked to Chad the Physicians Assistant he said her finger will eventually look normal. I hope he's right.
2 comments:
Poor little Maddi! I'm so glad she's done with getting her finger fixed. She's a brave little girl. What a memory!!!
What a sad day! That would have broke my heart. So glad that all would be well by now. As many times as my kids have had their fingers slammed in doors I'm now more thankful that nothing serious has happened. Good luck with her recovery.
Post a Comment