Sunday, November 1, 2015

Halloween 2015

    This year we had five trick or treaters. Yep Tanner said he wasn't too old for that and Grayson was old enough to hit a few houses. I really love Halloween except for the picking the costume part. I put my foot down with Tanner that I wouldn't be buying him a costume. So I only ended up buying Landon, Maddie and Grayson ones, Hannah already had what she wanted to be.
     Tanner was forced to come up with something we could put together. He was really into Jurassic World at the time so he decided to be Owen aka Chris Pratt. This decision was made the week of Halloween. He wanted a vest like he wears and we searched DI and couldn't find anything. Well then I remembered we might still have the jacket Tanner used when he was Indiana Jones. I've gotten rid of all the boys little clothes long ago but I was hopeful this one got shoved in the costume tub and sure enough it did. So turns out it was size 4t!!! I decided I would still give it a shot. I cut the sleeves off and then I bought some fabric dye and colored it in a pot of hot water on the stove. I was pretty impressed with the end result. Tanner was excited to when I surprised him with it after school. Yay for a Mom win!




His vest was more leathery but for 2 bucks we did pretty good

The jackets first costume use...bloody Indy


Pumpkin Time!!! Carving pumpkins is a Dad job, Mom just gets to take pics and roast seeds.








   Halloween landed on a Saturday this year so the kids got to dress up on the 30th for school. It was a good practice run for the real thing.

Hannah's preschool did a cute little program where they sang a bunch of songs. I love getting to go and watch these. Hannah practiced her songs all the time! I loved it!


     In the afternoon we went to the big kids school to see their Halloween parade. We sat with some neighbors and mostly enjoyed it. Grayson ended up throwing up while we were there so that wasn't cool.
 


That night was our Ward Halloween Party. I had fun making cupcakes for it. It is such a fun activity. The kids love running around with friends, eating bits of their dinner and then hitting the trunk or treat.

Halloween Day

      The poor boys had BYU Powwow in the morning but the rest of the day was good. We had our traditional Lucky Duck soup in Pumpkin looking bread bowls for dinner!


Picture Time!!! We've got the cutest Batman, Swamp Creeper, Doc McStuffins, Mal from Descendants and Owen around!







It gets a little goofy after they start eating the candy. Gotta love Maddie's mustache!






No comments: