Twelve years have just flown by! Can't believe my Tanner boy is so old! He's lucky most of his baby pictures aren't digital or I would have put more on here!
Since I haven't shared it before and 12 is such a special age I'll share Tanner's birth story...
Backstory - My younger brother Jared was getting ready to head out on his mission. His farewell was scheduled for October 27th and he was headed to the MTC on October 30th. My due date was October 31st. Well my other brother Matt was coming out for that weekend with his fiance at the time. Matt told me that if I had the baby before he came then he would buy him tons of clothes and whatever and spoil him.
So the pregnancy had been going fine no big problems. My blood pressure tended to be on the low end but no big deal there. I had started to swell up some. The worse part was only one of my ankles was crazy swollen so I did look a little funny. On October 22nd Dave and I headed to my 39 week DR appointment.(Dave got to go to all the appointments because I scheduled them around his school schedule and I worked at his school). Well I head in hopeful that maybe the doctor will suggest induction or something so Matt and Jared will be able to meet Tanner. Anyway they take my blood pressure and it's super high. They have me lay down and wait a bit and take it again. The doctor comes in and tells me that I am to go straight home and be on bed rest until he can induce me two days later on the 24th. Dave asked a bunch of questions and didn't want to do the induction but the doctor stressed how important it was for mine and babies health.
Well since my dr's office was at the hospital we headed to visit Grandpa Fowles in his room. He had been admitted a week earlier when they discovered he had colon cancer. We then headed to my office and got what I needed from my desk and let my boss know what was going on. We then headed home where I spent the next two days watching movies.
On the morning of the 24th we got up super early so we could be to the hospital for a 7am induction. Well things went slow and my doctor forgot to come check on me at lunch time and break my water like he said he would. He didn't make it until after dinner time for that. Anyway it continued to go slow. A nurse came in late and told me if I didn't hurry this up I would need a c-section. I guess that did something because after that I did progress. Well about 1am the next day I was ready to push. My doctor had me push for about 20 minutes before he decided to use the forceps and then at 1:29am on October 25th Tanner was born!
So I delivered on my end of the deal and Matt and his fiance went crazy at the store and spoiled my little guy ;) But really I was just happy that everyone was going to be able to meet Tanner.


So Tanner's birthday this year landed on a Saturday. He spent the morning at BYU for a Scout PowWow. Then his Aunt Jordyn gave him a birthday party at Boondocks as his birthday present! After Boondocks we opended presents at home.
| Dave got called into work so the cake was up to me. I think I did okay! |
| Jackpot on his birthday, lucky guy! |
The next day was a busy one. It was our Ward's primary program, and yes they made Tanner participate. Then Tanner received the priesthood. We had some family come for that. We then had lunch with Dave's family and celebrated Dave's birthday. And then we headed up to my parents that evening to celebrate both Tanner and Dave's birthdays.
| Birthday Pie |
| not too excited about the hat |
| birthday buddies |









No comments:
Post a Comment