So my brother Jared became a Dad! Lincoln was born on June 8th via emergency c-section. Poor Jordyn got pre-eclampsia and ended up having to have Lincoln 7 weeks early. He had to be life flighted to a different hospital but at least they got to spend a few minutes with him before that.
So they went to the hospital for tests not to have a baby so they weren't 100% prepared. They didn't have their camera. Well at 4am Jared texted that it was looking like they were switching hospitals so she could have the baby. Since I was up thanks to Grayson I texted back. Things kept changing and then at 5:30 it was decided she would have an emergency c-section there. So I raced up there with the camera. I knew I would want pictures of my baby when they were born so I wanted to give that to them. So anyway Jared didn't think I could make it since the hospital was not close to home but I drove like crazy. Only problem is that if you speed on the freeway that early in the morning you will get caught. I got pulled over going 90ish in a 65 speed zone. The police officer let me off due to the circumstance, such a nice guy! But the best part of the story is when he approached me I apologized because "I'm not used to driving this car and well it goes fast". Yeah I was driving Dave's Acura rather than my Odyssey. But even with that little stop I still made it just in time, like 3 minutes before he was born.
Grayson was my first baby to love being swaddled. My Mom made this cool swaddling blanket that had velcro so you didn't need swaddling skills. Anyway little G just loved it. He slept so well with it but he would always wiggle that one arm out.
| Dinner time with G |
The boys and their babies
The baseball season continued on. It was fun to watch Tanner improve. Tanner was lucky enough to get on a great team. I loved how the kids and families cheered for all the kids no matter their skill level. It was also a great team because they ended up taking 1st in the regular season and then went on to win the playoffs! Go Blue Jays!
So there was this one game near the end of the season when they were struggling. The score was 0-0. It was the final inning and we hadn't even gotten a kid on base yet when Tanner got up to bat and hit a single! It started a rally that ended with Tanner running in and we won 1-0!
The best part is Dave got video of T's hit.
Two Months Old!
And a little slumber party in Tanner's bedroom
No comments:
Post a Comment