Updated Entryway
| For at least a year I had been wanting Dave to do board and batten in the entry way. Well he finally did it. |
My cute girls!
Scout Awards
Tanner earned his Webelos and Arrow of Light. Usually Dave would be the one there giving it out but no he was home sick with the stomach flu :(
Maddie's 6th Birthday!!
Talk about a very crappy birthday but she was a good sport. It all started the Sunday before when Maddie woke up with the stomach flu. We were supposed to go Grandma and Grandpa Knadler's house to celebrate her big day but Maddie and Dave stayed home. Dave was nice enough to take care of Maddie since I didn't want to get sick. Well on Tuesday Dave came down with the stomach flu and Maddie was still sick so I took her to the Dr. The Dr gave us an awesome prescription to get rid of that stupid bug and Maddie was healthy enough for school the next day.
Opening presents Sunday night from Grandma, Grandpa and Caroline.
Thursday was Maddie's actual birthday! We let her open one present in the morning.
All ready for school!
So Thursday night was flag football games for the boys. It also was picture day. The weather was also freezing and crazy windy and just miserable. The kids and I headed off early so T could get his pics done. I started feeling off pretty early that afternoon. Well while sitting in the car I realized that I must be coming down with the stupid flu too. Not good. Once T was done with pics I took the boys to their games and waited in the car until Dave got there. The girls and I headed home after a stop to pick up happy meals for them(there was no way I was going to cook). So there we are at home(boys still at their games) I'm laying on the couch feeling like crap when all the sudden Hannah comes over to me and throws up all over :( So between football and Hannah and I being sick Maddie's actual birthday is a bust. She did get to open her presents that night at least :) No cake though. I baked one but never felt up to decorating it.
And finally a birthday cake. On the next Sunday when everyone was finally better we had a dinner of Maddie's choice, meatloaf and mashed potatoes and cake.
| All she wanted was a cake with layers covered in white frosting with orange writing(her fave color) |
I really hope her 7th birthday goes a little better.
No comments:
Post a Comment