Random story I want to remember...
Sometimes you sit in Relief Society and you listen to others comments and it seems like Heavenly Father puts people in the right place at the right time for them but you don't feel like this ever happens for you. Okay maybe it's just me but I do sometimes think "Why hasn't that ever happened to me?" Well anyway, Maddie was pretty miserable so I scheduled a DR appointment for her. The boys were at basketball camp at the high school. The timing was going to be perfect I could pick up the boys and then head straight to the DR's. Well of course it didn't work that way. It was the last day of camp so they were doing awards and the boys weren't done when we got there. I couldn't get their attention so I headed back to the girls(Hannah had fallen asleep in the car & Maddie had zero energy) unsure what to do. Right behind my car was parked someone from my neighborhood. I ran up to her and asked if she would be able to get my boys and take them home. She of course said she would so I was able to still get Maddie to her appt. Well as we were getting off the freeway just a couple minutes away from the doctor I realized without the boys I was going to have trouble getting the girls both into the office since neither was going to walk. Then it came to me to call my sister Caroline to see if she could help. Well turns out she was in her car right by the spot we were headed. Perfect! She met me there and took care of Hannah so I was able to carry Maddie in and get her checked out. She of course got the pneumonia diagnosis and a prescription to make it all better. I don't think it was an accident that my neighbor and sister were where they were. Heavenly Father was helping us out that day.
| sleeping away |
Once Maddie had built up some energy again we went to the splash pad in Highland with cousin Lily. It wasn't super hot but the kids didn't mind. I was surprised that Hannah didn't play in the water much, she just didn't enjoy it as much as St. George for some reason.
For the first time ever we had a kid in our local parade. Maddie's dance group had a float. Once the parade started it was fun times. Getting there was another story. For some reason they thought it would be a good idea to close all roads except one, can we say traffic jam?!
| The mayor gave Landon a shirt for doing a cartwheel. He was excited until he opened it and it was too big for Dave even. |
We did a little water party with a few neighbors. Two full hours of water craziness. The kids had a blast.
| Baby pool had warmer water |
| Yummy Cheetos |
| The kids went through a whole giant watermelon |
That night the Lindsay's were nice enough to invite us over for dinner, thank goodness since I was too tired to cook. We also did a fire and s'more's.
I was lucky enough to go to Cub Scout Day Camp with Landon. I really wasn't looking forward to it for a couple reasons. Mostly because we had to meet at the church at 6:30 am, Yuck! Well I ended up turning off my alarm and slept until 6:25, oops! It was a crazy 5 minutes getting Landon and I ready, but we did it. Well the day ended up being not too bad. Turns out the teenagers do everything and us leaders just get to hang out and socialize. But still I have some ideas in the works to keep me away next year.
Landon is nine! It was a laid back birthday this year, it fell on a Sunday and is a no party year. He requested I make him a small circle cake for just him with no frosting. I did sneak a powdered sugar nine on. The rest of us enjoyed cupcakes with frosting.
No comments:
Post a Comment