I let the kids pick the meal on their bday. Tanner had chosen pizza until the week before when he had mummy dogs at his Wolf den Halloween party. I am not really a hot dog lover and I really don't like them cooked pigs in the blanket style but hey it was his day so I made them. I did however purposely make lasagna the day before so there would be plenty of leftovers.
Right after dinner we headed off for the derby. Tanner designed his car after the local high school Westlake. We were able to use vinyl to make the logo. Thought it turned out pretty good. That is the only part I helped with. Dave and Tanner spent HOURS on the rest.
![]() |
| #13 is for Riley Nelson on BYU's football team |
Dave caught a pic showing T's car in first. So here is the sad part of the day. Our ward is crazy competitive and good when it comes to the derby. Poor Tanner took 4th overall. He missed 3rd by a hundredth of a second and 1st by a tenth of a second. His birthday was a tenth of second away from awesome.
So when we got home we finished the celebration. Nothing like cake at 9 at night. Tanner wanted a football cake but I surprised him with a BYU cake with football candles. He loved it of course.
And the highlight of his presents a BYU hoodie. Not sure why he is such a Y fan since I'm not one. I blame my brothers.
I did that same little questionnaire with T that I did with Maddie. It is pretty obvious that the boy likes football right now. Tanner is our character. He has always liked dressing up. When he was little it was Buzz and Spiderman, last year it was Indiana Jones and this year he discovered Michael Jackson. He will break out in Michael Jackson moves at random times. It seems every time we go to the grocery store he is dancing. He doesn't like to admit it but he is also influenced by Justin Bieber....my little boy has Bieber Fever. He loved the movie Never Say Never. Crazy little nine year old.
The next day was Dave's birthday. He wanted to do something fun as a family so we went to a pumpkin patch. Sadly it was a cold day so we didn't stay long but it was still fun.
After the pumpkin patch we hit Red Robin for dinner. So either they don't sing anymore or our waiter was lame because all they did was bring a free dessert for Dave. I wanted them to sing to Dave and Tanner, oh well.
Time for cake afterwards.
I'm glad the guys enjoyed their birthdays but even more happy that birthday season is over.







No comments:
Post a Comment