Monday, June 6, 2011

Big Girl

Okay so I am finally going to try and catch this blog up so some of the posts are a little old.

  One day(a few months ago) Maddie woke up with the declaration that she was now a big girl. I had been trying on and off since we got back from Disneyland to potty train her but though she could she wouldn't. She said she was little. But on this wonderful day she had finally grown up. So yeah from that morning on she was done with diapers. I didn't have to do anything, turns out potty training her was all mental.

   So going with the big girl thing I decided that would be a good day to get rid of her pacifier(dat dat as she called it). Well it took, the pacifier fairy brought her a toy and took away all the pacifiers and we were done. This one had a pretty big negative side effect...she also gave up her naps. She had been sleeping for 3-4hrs every afternoon. I had been slow in taking the paci away since I thought it helped with the nap. But oh well at least she is a big girl now.

We had a little family party for her to celebrate. She loved all the attention and I love the 6 month break from diapers.


Maddie and her {Big Girl} cake


We even broke out some martinelli's for the occasion
 

No comments: