Sunday, September 27, 2009

TWO!


Saturday was Maddie's 2nd Birthday! Here's a little account of HER special day. WARNING this is not sugar coated.


I pulled Maddie out of her bed at 5:30 am and put her in the car and we headed off. (We had a 3.5 hr road trip ahead of us).

We ate breakfast at IHOP. When we got there at 6:40 am we were the only customers there but they sat us at table that was too small. Then when an older gentlemen came in they sat him at the table next to us. Weird. Anyway Maddie enjoyed her pancakes and eggs....Yep she's still in her pj's and her hair hasn't been done yet but we still have 2 more hours of driving ahead of us.


We went to Maddie's cousin Datie's Baptism. Location...Middle of Nowhere, Idaho.


Then we went to cousin Datie's great grandparents house for lunch and whatever. Turns out no one had been to the house in two weeks and well it was FULL of dead flies...can we say Nasty?! Dave was nice enough to help clean up while I carried Maddie around since she DETESTS flies.



We finally got home at 5:30ish and even though all I wanted to do was crash on the couch we continued on and celebrated Maddie's birthday. While we waited for dinner to cook we opened presents. Maddie LOVED ripping the wrapping paper open.


After dinner we had cake. We made a hungry caterpillar cake for her in celebration of her FAVoRiTe book.







So there you have it...it was a pretty long day and not what I had hoped for. I tend to think my princess deserves the world. Maybe next year :)
I thought I would share some Maddie Facts.
She loves to sing and dance. "Doggies" are her favorite and she can often be found carrying around a stuffed one. Her favorite foods include cheese, chicken dinos, pineapple and grapes. Her favorite cartoon is Spongebob Squarepants. She would call Daddy 20 times a day if I would let her. She doesn't like it when someone is sad or hurt and it makes her sad too.
I love my little Madelyn and am so GLAD she got to be part of our LITTLE family.



2 comments:

jg said...

She is so so cute!!!! Happy Birthday!

The James said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MADDIE!!! I can't believe she is two. You guys are brave taking the kids to IHOP that early in the morning. It sounds like she had a really good birthday.