Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sleep Deprived and Sick


When Madelyn was a newborn she was pretty much perfect...in the nighttime area at least. She would wake up once or twice eat and go right back to sleep. Around 6 weeks old she started sleeping through the night. She would miss a night occasionally when she was sick or teething. That is until last month. She got a nasty fever at the end of August and she hasn't slept well since. She wakes up at least three times a night and doesn't always go back to sleep. She also has decided that 6:30am is a good time to wake up for the day. This all leaves me pretty tired. I thought I was handling it well until last night when I was watching one of my all time favorite movies, A Walk to Remember(think about the lead characters name & my middle child's name). And well I laughed through the whole movie. It's not a funny movie at all. So I came to the conclusion I am delirious. This is now making me question my opinion of the movie I saw Friday night, The Women. I thought it was really funny but who knows the way my brain is working these days.
So if it wasn't enough that I'm not getting enough sleep I've had this nasty sore throat the last few days. I finally broke down and went to Instacare today. Of course the one in town is closed on Sundays so I had to go to the one in Orem which is super busy. Well it turns out I have Strep, my first time ever. The Dr asked if I wanted to take care of it "the fast way or the sloooow way". I of course said fast and he said the nurse would be right in. I had no clue what was coming until she walked in the door and I saw it. I am not a needle person. And it looked big. To make it worse it doesn't go in your arm it goes in your lower back and it hurts! At least I will get better soon. A little side note the nurse said "I think I recognize you from the Mother's Room". Turns out she is in one of the wards our ward shares a building with. Weird.

On a good note Maddie is officially a walker now! She is getting into everything and loving following us around. It's funny to see her walk since she is so petite. She gets the award for our youngest walker. Tanner was 13 months and Landon 14 months.

2 comments:

The James said...

I'm glad you are feeling better now. I chickened out and got pills. Maddie needs to start sleeping better for you. Poor Mom. What we go through with our kids.

Kliss said...

Here's hoping that shot was worth it and that Maddie pulls it together and you can get back to a regular schedule.