I'm subscribed to this blog Make&Takes on my google reader. In case you aren't using google reader you should be. It has made my life easier. Anyway Make and Takes has some good ideas. I will warn you though some of the posts are not that exciting. Last week there was a post about Muffin Tin Mondays. Basically you serve lunch to the kids in a muffin tin instead of a plate. I tried it since Landon is such a horrible lunch eater and consistently takes over an hour to eat lunch. Well it worked. The boys thought it was cool and begged to have their lunch in a muffin tin everyday.
This was Tanner's(the picky eater) tin. Not too exciting we did need to go to the grocery store.
The other idea that seems to be working is job jars. I didn't take a picture of ours but it's a plastic cup with some fat popsicle sticks. Basically you just give each kid a jar with sticks that are labeled with their chores. They can't play with friends or watch tv etc. until they have done all their chores. Since my boys are still young the chores are pretty easy like making their bed and brushing their teeth. So far so good their room is staying a bit cleaner. Now I just need the secret to getting my boys to go to sleep when we put them to bed. Lately they fight bedtime until 10 or later.
2 comments:
thanks for the ideas. I might have to try them.
What cute ideas. I love the picture of Tanner's lunch. So much fun.
Post a Comment