Sunday, March 29, 2015

Easter Best & a Surprise for the Kids

   This year Easter landed on General Conference Sunday. Well I had bought the girls Easter dresses so I had the kids all dress up the Sunday before Easter. They were cooperative with the clothes but not the pictures! Grayson does not love Sundays. The kids loves his naps in his crib, he seriously is the best little napper(as long as we are at home). So obviously church gets in the way of him and his naps.




After pictures, dinner and the kids changing into more comfortable clothes Dave and I had a little surprise for them! I made a little scavenger hunt for the kids to find their surprise. They all worked together and took turns solving the clues.





At the end of the hunt they found this cool envelope and here you can see the play by play of their reactions as they realized we were going to DISNEYLAND!





Landon is a hide it inside kind of guy


After they ran around screaming excitedly for a little bit we made our countdown chains. The kids all made their own so they could hang them up in their room and count down the 4 weeks until our trip. We were all so excited, it had been almost 5 years since we last went. Poor Hannah had been begging. She loves to look at all our past trip scrapbooks and tell me how sad she was in Heaven when we went without her.



   So side note...Dave and I had talked to all the kids teachers about the trip to make sure they wouldn't be missing anything big. Well we had planned to wait even longer to tell the kids but Tanner's teacher told his whole class that we were going to Disneyland :(  I lied to Tanner and said I had just told his teacher we were thinking about it and no trip was planned. Well guess I'm better at lying than I thought 'cause Tanner totally believed me and was just surprised as the other kids.

No comments: