Everything was going fine until one Saturday morning I noticed Hannah had a real yucky sounding cough. She seemed normal besides that but I still had Dave stay home from Church with her on Sunday. Well as Sunday progressed she got worse and worse and developed a fever. Sunday night she wouldn't go to bed in her crib and I spent the night with her on the couch and got a whopping one hour of sleep. I took her in to the Dr on Monday since I started to suspect the flu. Sure enough that is what she had. They prescribed her tamiflu which is impossible to find so instead I was sent to a specialty pharmacy that could compound it themselves. Well I guess insurance won't pay for that so 100 dollars later Hannah had her meds. She was also a little on the dehydrated side. If it got any worse she would need an IV. Luckily she drank lots of gatorade so she didn't get worse. Finally on Friday Hannah seemed more like herself, smiling even which was good because both Maddie and I woke up sick Friday morning. Maddie ended up with the flu too and spent the next 5 days on the couch miserable.

 |
| Such good buddies |
The next Thursday, two days after Maddie's last fever, things were starting to get back to normal. I sent Maddie to preschool since all she had left was a little cough. After Landon's basketball practice I was trying to make dinner while some wild boys were playing football in the family room(even though I have been telling them for days to stop it). They turned the lights off, I turned them back on and then they went and turned them off again. Well 2 seconds later I hear T say "Hannah are you hurt?" and then the screaming started. Turns out Tanner hit her into the coffee table. This caused a cut on both the inside and outside of her mouth. After calling the Dr it was determined she needed to go to an ER. We decided on Primary Children's Hospital because of insurance and her age.
So Primary's is my new favorite hospital, it was so nice. They took us into a triage room right away where they put on some numbing cream and got her bandaged up. We then sat in the waiting room until they had a room ready for us.
 |
| Watching scooby on the kindle in the waiting room |
The person that took us to our room asked Dave and I if we needed anything, drink, snack whatever and asked what movie Hannah would like. A doctor came in soon after and a lady with toys who sat and played with Hannah. The dr decided Hannah needed stitches and would need to be sedated to get them. We had to wait an hour since Hannah had some milk before coming.
 |
| her little iv |
 |
| sedated |
Dave was the one to take the close up picture. I decided to hang back. He probably should have too since he got faint during the procedure. Then after it was done and I could go sit with her Dave got all faint again and the nurse had to run and get him a sprite and crackers.
 |
| time for stitches |
Hannah was entertaining coming out of sedation. At first she kept staring at her hand like there were several of them. Before you know it she was trying to stand up and dance(I had to support her). She was jabbering a ton. Dave showed the video he took with his phone to some coworkers and they think Hannah would be a happy drunk.
 |
| barely awake |
Poor Hannah was so hungry and thirsty. She saw her sippy cup in the diaper bag and tried to grab it. So when she was done and they gave her an orange slushy she drank it right up.
Well she was a trooper. It was probably worse for us watching her get sedated. Just kind of weird to watch your little girl go from squirmy to still. And now it doesn't seem to bother her at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment