Tuesday, October 26, 2010

An Indiana Jones Birthday

Tanner has always loved Indiana Jones, however after our trip to Disneyland he is CRAZY about him. Pretty much everyday after school he changes into his homemade Indy costume. So of course he wanted an Indiana Jones party for his birthday. I tried to talk him into taking his friends bowling but he really wanted a party at home. So here is what we did:

The Invites...My neighbor saw me playing around with these and he offered to switch Harrison Ford's face for Tanner's.

Ready for the party. Looks like Dozy thinks she is one of the guests.

So turns out Indiana Jones is the perfect theme for Halloween time. I had no trouble finding decorations and favors to match the theme. The party was centered around a treasure hunt. The crystal skull was stolen and the kids had to find it. They all started with empty goody bags that would be filled along the way. At each spot they were given a clue to the next location. Unfortunately all the locations were inside since it was too cold and wet outside.

Tanner reading the letter from Indy explaining their mission


Their first find

Destroying the couches looking for a clue
To get the clue they had to compete in a Mummy Wrap

Opening a small treasure box


Ready to shoot poisonous darts


I think the partially painted under construction room was a great setting for the party


They found the Crystal Skull. I thought the skull ice mold was a pretty good find.

The Goody Bags after the hunt

The treasure hunt ended at the table. The kids of course pointed out that the skull was in blood, I actually hadn't thought of that.  So then it was time for cake. Usually well always, I design the birthday cakes and Dave does the icing and decorating. However he wasn't able to this time so I gave decorating a try. I think I did all right.


Gotta love Legos.

 After cake and ice cream and presents we played a 'little' hot boulder. Basically hot potato with Indiana Jones music in the background. The kids really loved this. I guess the boulder(aka sprinkler ball wrapped in brown paper) made the game a whole lot more exciting.

 And here's the whole crew.
 So I think Tanner had a pretty good birthday. He did say "That was the BEST birthday EVER!"  I guess I am just an awesome Mom...lol!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Stacy, you are an AWESOME mom. There is nothing else I can say. Just AWESOME!