On Thursday I took the kids to the zoo since it was finally warming up. It turns out lots of people had the same idea, it was pretty busy. We even ran into a bunch of people we know. We started at the train and well that was one cold ride. That was the only time during the day I regretted leaving our jackets in the car.


We then checked out all the animals. Maddie was really loving anything monkey-like or "ooh ooh ahh ahh's" like she calls them. Tanner was obsessed with the snakes and Landon the giraffes.

After we were done seeing all the animals we headed over to the carousel. It was actually open. Last time we came it was closed and that made Maddie pretty sad.


Then it was off to the playground. It was some sort of miracle that I didn't lose any of the kids there. Maddie saw the train while we were there and started begging to ride it again. I gave in. This time we switched things up and sat in the front instead of the caboose.
On Friday Dave got off work a little early and we all headed over to Zermatt Resort in Midway. My sister had been nice enough to give us a free night stay there. The resort was really nice. We started out by swimming in the pool. The kids loved it. Then we headed over to Heber to eat at the Dairy Keen(train restaurant). Too bad I fogot my camera at the hotel because Maddie was crazy there. Everytime the train came around she would yell "Mom! Look" Choo Choo! Choo Choo!" very excitedly. It's safe to say I am happy we don't live too close to Heber, Maddie would probably want to go there all the time. The rest of the little getaway was just spent at the hotel.
No comments:
Post a Comment