Was it just two blog posts ago that I was commenting how cool it was to go on the floor at the Flash game but it would be a dream come true to do that at the Jazz? Well it happened. On Wednesday morning I was checking my email when I came across an email with the subject of "Utah Jazz ball kid Tanner Jan 23 vs. New Jersey". Needless to say that was the first email I opened. It turns out I entered Tanner in a contest back in October and he was picked. Tanner was so excited and couldn't wait for Saturday.


We got to ESA at 5:30 pm(the game didn't start until 7). An intern came and got us (Tanner & I and some other various winners) and took us to the floor. Once there we hung out for a bit waiting for a Jazz player to come and take a pic with Tanner. I wasn't surprised when Gaines was the one to come, of course they sent the new guy. At least he had his moment of fame just a little over a week earlier. I guess it could have been worse.

Yep That's Millsap shooting in the background
After that we sat around for awhile longer while a couple players warmed up and what not. Tanner was getting pretty anxious. He really wanted to see Okur. Then finally it was time for the whole team to come out and practice. Tanner now got his chance to be a ball boy. They put him under the basket and fed him the ball and had him pass it to a player. We practiced passing on Friday night so he would be ready and it looked like it paid off.
Patiently waiting...
Passing the ball to CJ Miles

After they were done practicing the players lined up for the National Anthem and we lined up behind them...well Okur to be specific. Then it was time for the intro of the starting lineup. Tanner lined up with Korver and got ready to give the starting five a high five. This was Tanner's favorite part since he got to give Okur five.
Here comes AK!

And then it was all over. We headed up to our seats. Tanner's prize came with two upper bowl tickets. Fortunately they were the front row of the upper bowl. Luckily the seats by us were empty so Dave, Landon and Maddie were able to move to sit with us. Tanner really wanted to stay for the whole game so we did even though there was never a question that the Jazz would win. The kids had a lot of fun during the game. All three of them really got into it and were cheering the whole time. It was probably the most fun I have ever had a Jazz game.

It was a pretty amazing night. I think Tanner's win was even better then when I won the Locker Room clean out prize. Here's a few more pics from the night.
Knuckles from Korver

Being filmed with the other court side kid for the big screen

Maddie, Landon & Dave watching...well Maddie is actually dancing

And here's a little Korver(I'm actually not a fan)

No comments:
Post a Comment